Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Yet more for Porsche Classics

Annual service in a couple of weeks and I was offered this, obviously keen to win back some business from the indies.

Hmmm quite a nice little gesture and I guess if your mileage was very low one year you could just do a Classic Oil Service for £330.00, obtain an OPC stamp in the book and enjoy the magazine, window sticker and the warm & fuzzy OPC feeling. Plus you could also blag a new 718 Cayman for the day..

MattyR said:
Plus you could also blag a new 718 Cayman for the day..

:hand: And probably a very long list of items that 'could do with sorting' at standard labour rates I suspect :what:

Zingari said:
MattyR said:

:hand: And probably a very long list of items that 'could do with sorting' at standard labour rates I suspect :what:

Speak as you find, my OPC in Cardiff are great, they only do the oil and filter every year for the stamp in the book.
They of course do give the car a once over and do identify items that have wear, but there is no pressure to have them undertaken by them ever.

I have had work undertaken by them, e.g. spark plugs and various other items, but always negotiate the fee prior to instructing, and never find them too bad when done this way.

I think they appreciate that the older cars are owned by the enthusiasts, and they are usually keen to undertake a lot of the works themselves and they save the big bills for the newer vehicles that owners are too afraid to touch!

NIBrown said:
Zingari said:
MattyR said:

Speak as you find, my OPC in Cardiff are great, they only do the oil and filter every year for the stamp in the book.
They of course do give the car a once over and do identify items that have wear, but there is no pressure to have them undertaken by them ever.

I have had work undertaken by them, e.g. spark plugs and various other items, but always negotiate the fee prior to instructing, and never find them too bad when done this way.

I think they appreciate that the older cars are owned by the enthusiasts, and they are usually keen to undertake a lot of the works themselves and they save the big bills for the newer vehicles that owners are too afraid to touch!

Agree. ^^^ My local OPC seem genuinely pleased to welcome my old 911.

Zingers is a bit off here. For example, OPC Tewkesbury labour rates for older Porsche is discounted to I believe £60 an hour. They always advise on work required but know full well that in 99% of times I'll take it somewhere else and try and repair rather than replace if possible.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back