Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 8
997 : 2004- 68
996 : 1997-2005 43
993 : 1993-1998 9
964 : 1989-1993 7
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 1
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 0
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 2
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 1
Boxster : 1997- 15
Cayman : 2005- 16
Cayenne : 2003- 9
Macan : 2014- 2
Panamera : 2009- 2
912-914-924-928-944-968 4
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Body Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
nickjonesn4
Monza


Joined: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 195
Location: Edinburgh


PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dream911 wrote:
nickjonesn4 wrote:






Wheels look good but is it wrong of me to want Centre caps on them. Dont know


More importantly, you have parking lines in your garage Question


Had exactly the same thought so fitted the centre caps yesterday...



The "garage" is underground parking. It's a modern townhouse afgair with half of the footprint of the house in the basement a double garage space and half storage and utility room.
_________________
1996 Carrera 2S Vesuvius Metallic
2016 Golf R
2005 E55K Wagon
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nickjonesn4
Monza


Joined: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 195
Location: Edinburgh


PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No pictures but today was a good day...

Bought Ohlins shocks and booked the car in for fitting and a full suspension refresh. At the same time steering wheel, dash top, door tops will be retrimmed in black leather. Wavetrac LSD also being fitted whilst it's in. Work being done at RPM Technik.

Then...

Booked in today for Top End rebuild, gas flowed heads and more aggressive cams at CTR Developments. Confirming final spec with Richard this week and will share. Once done there its going to their local exhaust guy for full custom exhaust Inc manifolds. Goal is 330-340bhp.

Very excited that this is all now really happening and will be on the road with a the above done end of March/early April.
_________________
1996 Carrera 2S Vesuvius Metallic
2016 Golf R
2005 E55K Wagon

Last edited by nickjonesn4 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Sutton
Monza


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 248
Location: Surrey


PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Nick. Thumb

Apparently, our engines don't always reach the quoted compression ratio, so hitting that number is an easy way to more power in addition to your other mods. I like the sound of the retrim for the interior too.
_________________
1994 993 C4
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nickjonesn4
Monza


Joined: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 195
Location: Edinburgh


PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutton wrote:
Nice one Nick. Thumb

Apparently, our engines don't always reach the quoted compression ratio, so hitting that number is an easy way to more power in addition to your other mods. I like the sound of the retrim for the interior too.


Thanks for that. First step at CTR will be a full check over and leak down test. I'd imagine the build might then vary a wee bit from plan depending on findings.

Not able to think about much else at the moment Rolling Eyes
_________________
1996 Carrera 2S Vesuvius Metallic
2016 Golf R
2005 E55K Wagon
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
tyinsky
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 29 Jun 2012
Posts: 296
Location: London, UK

1997 Porsche 993 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds superb!!!!

I have a little bit of regret not getting Ohlins for mine instead of refurbishing the PS9s. Looking forward to the updates thumbsup
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nickjonesn4
Monza


Joined: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 195
Location: Edinburgh


PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyinsky wrote:
Sounds superb!!!!

I have a little bit of regret not getting Ohlins for mine instead of refurbishing the PS9s. Looking forward to the updates thumbsup


Thanks. Will get as much of it as possible up on here.
_________________
1996 Carrera 2S Vesuvius Metallic
2016 Golf R
2005 E55K Wagon
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
cableguy
Barcelona


Joined: 10 Sep 2007
Posts: 1362
Location: North Yorkshire


PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickjonesn4 wrote:
No pictures but today was a good day...

Bought Ohlins shocks and booked the car in for fitting and a full suspension refresh. At the same time steering wheel, dash top, door tops will be retrimmed in black leather. Wavetrac LSD also being fitted whilst it's in. Work being done at RPM Technik.

Then...

Booked in today for Top End rebuild, gas flower heads and more aggressive cams at CTR Developments. Confirming final spec with Richard this week and will share. Once done there its going to their local exhaust guy for full custom exhaust Inc manifolds. Goal is 330-340bhp.

Very excited that this is all now really happening and will be on the road with a the above done end of March/early April.


Sounds awesome. Bandit

It might be a good time for an upgrade to Big Reds to stop that extra oomph. Wink

C.
_________________
Pork!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nickjonesn4
Monza


Joined: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 195
Location: Edinburgh


PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cableguy wrote:
nickjonesn4 wrote:
No pictures but today was a good day...

Bought Ohlins shocks and booked the car in for fitting and a full suspension refresh. At the same time steering wheel, dash top, door tops will be retrimmed in black leather. Wavetrac LSD also being fitted whilst it's in. Work being done at RPM Technik.

Then...

Booked in today for Top End rebuild, gas flower heads and more aggressive cams at CTR Developments. Confirming final spec with Richard this week and will share. Once done there its going to their local exhaust guy for full custom exhaust Inc manifolds. Goal is 330-340bhp.

Very excited that this is all now really happening and will be on the road with a the above done end of March/early April.


Sounds awesome. Bandit

It might be a good time for an upgrade to Big Reds to stop that extra oomph. Wink

C.


Been thinking that Carl...

I need to get out more Floor
_________________
1996 Carrera 2S Vesuvius Metallic
2016 Golf R
2005 E55K Wagon
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum