Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 19
997 : 2004- 91
996 : 1997-2005 43
993 : 1993-1998 5
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 3
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 14
Cayman : 2005- 15
Cayenne : 2003- 7
Macan : 2014- 0
Panamera : 2009- 1
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
nickjonesn4
Nürburgring


Joined: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 424
Location: Edinburgh


PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wozy wrote:
Hi , all sounding great. But have a think on installing the RS shifter (i haven't the golden rod fitted and personality believe it's not required), but the RS stick is taller and makes for a more more comfortable change compared to the original, the actual reduction in throw is minimal. I've toured a lot and it's a lovely upgrade for the car. You'll notice the difference straight away.


Thanks for that. Sounds great. Don't suppose you have .a link to one?

Edit; this one? https://www.design911.co.uk/mobile/#part;id=1064
_________________
1996 Carrera 2S Vesuvius Metallic
2016 Golf R
2005 E55K Wagon
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
ChrisT70
Albert Park


Joined: 26 Mar 2015
Posts: 1502
Location: The Sea


PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick- i fitted the goldenrod, and the RS gear lever linkage, and i liked the overall effect, it shortens the throw and it places the gearknob in a better position. fair bit of work involved fitting the lot, but easily doable DIY with ramps or enough access. Jackals site provided more than enough information.
not cheap to get the right bits but if you are keeping the car and doing the right repairs/mods as it appears then go for it i say.

with regard to remapping etc, if it needs top end work then by all means go the extra mile for headwork etc, i and others managed 300+bhp and a noticeable perk up just by backboxes and Wayne Scholfields wizadry.
_________________
Afraid of dipping a toe- beware Sharks
Ex 993S now sold
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nickjonesn4
Nürburgring


Joined: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 424
Location: Edinburgh


PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisT70 wrote:
Nick- i fitted the goldenrod, and the RS gear lever linkage, and i liked the overall effect, it shortens the throw and it places the gearknob in a better position. fair bit of work involved fitting the lot, but easily doable DIY with ramps or enough access. Jackals site provided more than enough information.
not cheap to get the right bits but if you are keeping the car and doing the right repairs/mods as it appears then go for it i say.

with regard to remapping etc, if it needs top end work then by all means go the extra mile for headwork etc, i and others managed 300+bhp and a noticeable perk up just by backboxes and Wayne Scholfields wizadry.


Cheers. I really like the throw of the standard box. Would love to have a shot on a car with the RS linkage but I think it sounds like going with just the lever might be the answer.

I'm set on the engine work and aiming for 325-340BHP to be honest. Plus knowing I will have a bulletproof engine for the next 80k miles. Appreciate that won't make sense to some but vive la difference!
_________________
1996 Carrera 2S Vesuvius Metallic
2016 Golf R
2005 E55K Wagon
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
wozy
Österreich


Joined: 06 Feb 2013
Posts: 880
Location: Worcestershire


PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickjonesn4 wrote:
wozy wrote:
Hi , all sounding great. But have a think on installing the RS shifter (i haven't the golden rod fitted and personality believe it's not required), but the RS stick is taller and makes for a more more comfortable change compared to the original, the actual reduction in throw is minimal. I've toured a lot and it's a lovely upgrade for the car. You'll notice the difference straight away.


Thanks for that. Sounds great. Don't suppose you have .a link to one?

Edit; this one? https://www.design911.co.uk/mobile/#part;id=1064


Nope, thats just a cover, your original cover will fit back over it. .. this one
http://type911shop.co.uk/epages/de867ca1-377e-432e-84fd-bdccf2206766.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=1522520

Blimey the price as gone up, I paid £90.00. Still cheap as chips though. Might be worth asking your local OPC for a quote.

Becareful installing, Jackals fab site doesnt show everything. You need to turn some plate upside down (or something like that) or the shift wont be as short as it should be)..... Well I'm sure thats what my Indy told me .... Actually thats not much of use for you really Very Happy

Like I've said previously. Personally I just don't think you need the 'golden rod' thingy. Lots of money, it may make it a tighter more race like shift in the gate, but I've absolutly no issues with mine, the shift is lovely.
If I'd really thought it was required, I'd have installed it. Just personal preference I guess.
_________________
Porsche Cars of Great Britain launched the 993 in the UK in early December 1993 registering 12 x UK cars on the 6th & 7th of that month; mine is one of them.

993 C2. MBM. C4 mounts, RSRs, RS Short shifter. RS steering wheel. FSDs & M033s
Previous 2.7S, 3.2, 964 and 968CS
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nickjonesn4
Nürburgring


Joined: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 424
Location: Edinburgh


PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wozy wrote:
nickjonesn4 wrote:
wozy wrote:
Hi , all sounding great. But have a think on installing the RS shifter (i haven't the golden rod fitted and personality believe it's not required), but the RS stick is taller and makes for a more more comfortable change compared to the original, the actual reduction in throw is minimal. I've toured a lot and it's a lovely upgrade for the car. You'll notice the difference straight away.


Thanks for that. Sounds great. Don't suppose you have .a link to one?

Edit; this one? https://www.design911.co.uk/mobile/#part;id=1064


Nope, thats just a cover, your original cover will fit back over it. .. this one
http://type911shop.co.uk/epages/de867ca1-377e-432e-84fd-bdccf2206766.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=1522520

Blimey the price as gone up, I paid £90.00. Still cheap as chips though. Might be worth asking your local OPC for a quote.

Becareful installing, Jackals fab site doesnt show everything. You need to turn some plate upside down (or something like that) or the shift wont be as short as it should be)..... Well I'm sure thats what my Indy told me .... Actually thats not much of use for you really Very Happy

Like I've said previously. Personally I just don't think you need the 'golden rod' thingy. Lots of money, it may make it a tighter more race like shift in the gate, but I've absolutly no issues with mine, the shift is lovely.
If I'd really thought it was required, I'd have installed it. Just personal preference I guess.


Ah yes that would make more sense. I'm rinsed on painkillers at the moment so not thinking straight!

Will look into it

Cheers
_________________
1996 Carrera 2S Vesuvius Metallic
2016 Golf R
2005 E55K Wagon
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nickjonesn4
Nürburgring


Joined: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 424
Location: Edinburgh


PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got these from my paint shop guy this morning. Being reassembled todat and picking up Monday to go on rhe car next week. Really pleased with the colour.




Pics of them on car to follow
_________________
1996 Carrera 2S Vesuvius Metallic
2016 Golf R
2005 E55K Wagon
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
cableguy
Kyalami


Joined: 10 Sep 2007
Posts: 1773
Location: North Yorkshire


PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colour looks great but i'm now gutted... When you mentioned the rims in your earlier post you stated they were Work Meister's, however these are Equip's.

I'm sure they'll suit the car well.

C.
_________________
Pork!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nickjonesn4
Nürburgring


Joined: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 424
Location: Edinburgh


PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cableguy wrote:
Colour looks great but i'm now gutted... When you mentioned the rims in your earlier post you stated they were Work Meister's, however these are Equip's.

I'm sure they'll suit the car well.

C.


Carl just had a proper look through these and you are right! They are Work Equip Anhelos. An ever rarer rim to be honest and something like £6k new for the set. From the right era too as these were out on a lot of NSXs as I recall.The fitment is right. They look ace on the car and can't wait to see them in the new colour. You won't be gutted when you see them on the car

Other bonus is that centre caps will now fit!

Good spot sir. thumbsup
_________________
1996 Carrera 2S Vesuvius Metallic
2016 Golf R
2005 E55K Wagon
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
ChrisT70
Albert Park


Joined: 26 Mar 2015
Posts: 1502
Location: The Sea


PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickjonesn4 wrote:
cableguy wrote:
Colour looks great but i'm now gutted... When you mentioned the rims in your earlier post you stated they were Work Meister's, however these are Equip's.

I'm sure they'll suit the car well.

C.


Carl just had a proper look through these and you are right! They are Work Equip Anhelos. An ever rarer rim to be honest and something like £6k new for the set. From the right era too as these were out on a lot of NSXs as I recall.The fitment is right. They look ace on the car and can't wait to see them in the new colour. You won't be gutted when you see them on the car

Other bonus is that centre caps will now fit!

Good spot sir. thumbsup


Haha I told you Equippe Lol!
It was a German dealer I got them Off, he sells speed lines and other rare rims. Love to see these on the car when finished it will be stunning. They are perfect offset on a WB
Thumb
_________________
Afraid of dipping a toe- beware Sharks
Ex 993S now sold
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nickjonesn4
Nürburgring


Joined: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 424
Location: Edinburgh


PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisT70 wrote:
nickjonesn4 wrote:
cableguy wrote:
Colour looks great but i'm now gutted... When you mentioned the rims in your earlier post you stated they were Work Meister's, however these are Equip's.

I'm sure they'll suit the car well.

C.


Carl just had a proper look through these and you are right! They are Work Equip Anhelos. An ever rarer rim to be honest and something like £6k new for the set. From the right era too as these were out on a lot of NSXs as I recall.The fitment is right. They look ace on the car and can't wait to see them in the new colour. You won't be gutted when you see them on the car

Other bonus is that centre caps will now fit!

Good spot sir. thumbsup


Haha I told you Equippe Lol!
It was a German dealer I got them Off, he sells speed lines and other rare rims. Love to see these on the car when finished it will be stunning. They are perfect offset on a WB
Thumb


You did. These have been out of production for some time and were in fact the precursor to the MeisterS1 3p which replaced them. It's why they look so similar. I actually had a set of these on a Golf many moons ago. Early onset senility I think to not spot them

They will go on the car end of next week Chris, very exciting! Thumb
_________________
1996 Carrera 2S Vesuvius Metallic
2016 Golf R
2005 E55K Wagon
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
cableguy
Kyalami


Joined: 10 Sep 2007
Posts: 1773
Location: North Yorkshire


PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to the pics. Splits are always a great look on a 993. Thumb

C.
_________________
Pork!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nickjonesn4
Nürburgring


Joined: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 424
Location: Edinburgh


PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much progress due to slow recovery from operation. Had a chance to give the engine bay a little tidy up and fit the sports Airbox Cover.




Car going into Motortune tomorrow for the new wheels to be fitted and wheel alignment done. Going to have Peter fit the BergvillFX light kit too as will take me forever to do it.
_________________
1996 Carrera 2S Vesuvius Metallic
2016 Golf R
2005 E55K Wagon
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
ChrisT70
Albert Park


Joined: 26 Mar 2015
Posts: 1502
Location: The Sea


PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

get pics up please Nick of it on the rims!
_________________
Afraid of dipping a toe- beware Sharks
Ex 993S now sold
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nickjonesn4
Nürburgring


Joined: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 424
Location: Edinburgh


PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisT70 wrote:
get pics up please Nick of it on the rims!


Just dropped the car off after and interesting drive to Shotts in the freezing fog this morning! Actually found the car fine to drive in the conditions. My right foot has has advanced training from 3 years with a bit 600BHP rear wheel drive estate car.


_________________
1996 Carrera 2S Vesuvius Metallic
2016 Golf R
2005 E55K Wagon
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nickjonesn4
Nürburgring


Joined: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 424
Location: Edinburgh


PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also. Definitely an improvement in noise with the Sports Airbox Cover and maybe a marginal throttle response uplift too. It also looks very nice Very Happy
_________________
1996 Carrera 2S Vesuvius Metallic
2016 Golf R
2005 E55K Wagon
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nickjonesn4
Nürburgring


Joined: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 424
Location: Edinburgh


PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked her up today and think the wheels look pretty awesome. Live the colour and the dish on the rears especially. The HIDs were also fitted at the same time and big difference driving home this evening. Will post some better pics on a nicer day.








_________________
1996 Carrera 2S Vesuvius Metallic
2016 Golf R
2005 E55K Wagon
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
AndyS
Barcelona


Joined: 25 Mar 2010
Posts: 1449
Location: The fast lane


PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great on those rims Nick Thumb
Also - good to see another one that goes out in the rain too Bandit
_________________
Andy
1996 Polar Silver 993 Coupe - AKA 'the money pit'
A Class AMG & Golf TDi for the daily

 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nickjonesn4
Nürburgring


Joined: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 424
Location: Edinburgh


PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyS wrote:
Looks great on those rims Nick Thumb
Also - good to see another one that goes out in the rain too Bandit


Cheers I am really pleased with them.

Wouldn't use it much up here if it didn't do out in the rain Thumb
_________________
1996 Carrera 2S Vesuvius Metallic
2016 Golf R
2005 E55K Wagon
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
ChrisT70
Albert Park


Joined: 26 Mar 2015
Posts: 1502
Location: The Sea


PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks cool. Love those rims
_________________
Afraid of dipping a toe- beware Sharks
Ex 993S now sold
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Dream911
Indianapolis


Joined: 24 Dec 2008
Posts: 2417
Location: London


PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickjonesn4 wrote:






Wheels look good but is it wrong of me to want Centre caps on them. Dont know


More importantly, you have parking lines in your garage Question
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum