Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
992 : 2019- 1
991 : 2011- 20
997 : 2004- 77
996 : 1997-2005 32
993 : 1993-1998 4
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 3
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 1
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 0
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 25
Cayman : 2005- 17
Cayenne : 2003- 2
Macan : 2014- 4
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
nickjonesn4
Montreal


Joined: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 542
Location: Edinburgh


PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack D wrote:
Hi, who carried out the trimming work for you ?
Car looks fantastic.

Regards
Jack D


Thanks. Am delighted with it. Took the car into a specialist for service recently and he said "never reaslised they did a two tone interior for 993"

It was done at Dave The Trimmer http://www.davethetrimmer.com/

He does all the work for RPM I believe
_________________
1996 Carrera S Vesuvius Metallic
2016 Golf R
2005 AMG E55K Wagon
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
HSC911
Long Beach


Joined: 23 Jul 2014
Posts: 6557
Location: Bedford


PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickjonesn4 wrote:
It was done at Dave The Trimmer http://www.davethetrimmer.com/


Lovely guy and a great setup he has too Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
johne
Monza


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 180



PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject: nicks c2 modding thread Reply with quote

do you have a price on the gearbox overhaul without the short shift kit please my second gear is a bit notchy when cold
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nickjonesn4
Montreal


Joined: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 542
Location: Edinburgh


PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: nicks c2 modding thread Reply with quote

johne wrote:
do you have a price on the gearbox overhaul without the short shift kit please my second gear is a bit notchy when cold


Hi there. Will look out the invoice and PM you
_________________
1996 Carrera S Vesuvius Metallic
2016 Golf R
2005 AMG E55K Wagon
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nickjonesn4
Montreal


Joined: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 542
Location: Edinburgh


PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long time with no updates on here as I've been enjoying driving the car and getting used to the last raft of of changes. Just had the car into SP Autobahn for some work

Brakes - new OEM front and rear discs and textar pads. as per various people's advice decided to stick with the standard brakes and glad I have as the braking is vastly improved and more than a match for the power the car has as well as being lighter than bigger options

Rear bumper suports - finally had the old rusty one's replaced having spent some time prepping these myself with undercoat and black top coat I decided to get Stuart to do the work due to lack to time at the weekends. Also had oil tank rust treated and painted

Engine mounts - I swapped from the blue track focused inserts to the blue street ones on my rennline semi solid mounts to see if it helped with vibration and its made a nice difference to the car without it feeling noticeably softer.

Some pics of the work








_________________
1996 Carrera S Vesuvius Metallic
2016 Golf R
2005 AMG E55K Wagon

Last edited by nickjonesn4 on Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Billy Bumpsteer
Newbie


Joined: 12 Aug 2019
Posts: 48



PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the oil tank, the fuel tank is slightly larger and made of plastic!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nickjonesn4
Montreal


Joined: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 542
Location: Edinburgh


PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Bumpsteer wrote:
That's the oil tank, the fuel tank is slightly larger and made of plastic!


ha yes correcto, also in the front of the car - long day - edited!
_________________
1996 Carrera S Vesuvius Metallic
2016 Golf R
2005 AMG E55K Wagon
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nickjonesn4
Montreal


Joined: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 542
Location: Edinburgh


PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did 500 miles in the car last week and I'm amazed what a difference changing the inserts in the engine mounts has made. Much less engine vibration and no discernible negative effect on the much improved gearchange.

Nice also to be able to brake hard and not have the car go left!

Rennline gear is top quality thumbsup
_________________
1996 Carrera S Vesuvius Metallic
2016 Golf R
2005 AMG E55K Wagon
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
tyinsky
Hockenheim


Joined: 29 Jun 2012
Posts: 704
Location: London, UK

1997 Porsche 993 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickjonesn4 wrote:
Long time with no updates on here as I've been enjoying driving the car and getting used to the last raft of of changes. Just had the car into SP Autobahn for some work

Brakes - new OEM front and rear discs and textar pads. as per various people's advice decided to stick with the standard brakes and glad I have as the braking is vastly improved and more than a match for the power the car has as well as being lighter than bigger options

Rear bumper suports - finally had the old rusty one's replaced having spent some time prepping these myself with undercoat and black top coat I decided to get Stuart to do the work due to lack to time at the weekends. Also had oil tank rust treated and painted

Engine mounts - I swapped from the blue track focused inserts to the blue street ones on my rennline semi solid mounts to see if it helped with vibration and its made a nice difference to the car without it feeling noticeably softer.

Some pics of the work











Looking good!! thumbsup
_________________
www.aircooledbug.co.uk
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum