Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Steam or hot wash cleaning in NE - recommendations?

Johnd52

Hockenheim
I am planning to continue using my car through the winter as long as the ice and snow stays away. Does anyone know a place in the north east where I could get the underside of the car cleaned if the crud starts to build up?

Anything else I could do to protect it?

Maybe a protective coating would help but it can seal in moisture and salt if its not done right ( its sorted at the factory by Porsche anyway )
I do wash mine once or twice a week when the salt is down but it probably just drives the salt in deeper , i think that if the car is used all year a little bit of muck / grime build up is a good thing , it should prevent the salt penetrating deeply , its not just salt that rots them , they rot no matter what you do , i think NOT driving them is worse , constant use helps them breath and will wash the salt away where as left static there is moisture in the air so they will still rust. swings and roundabouts :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stinkyspanner
Back