Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

power steering leak

johne

Spa-Francorchamps
wonder if any one can help I have a leak which seems to be coming from the metal pipe which enters the rack in the middle .not a 100percent sure.the rack was rebuilt by fernsport just before I purchased the car which was a year and six months ago .has anyone had a similar problem .and do you think I should phone them and talk ?

Hi,

I had my rack refurbished last year, I did the removal and install myself, not a difficult DIY if you are OK with spanners and follow the information available on the net. I did a write up on here of my work. I have attached a picture below of my rack so you can clearly see the pipes and the banjo connections. If the leak is coming from any of those just get a 10mm spanner if I remember correctly and nip them up.

Good luck.

ATB :)

Attachments

• refurbished_rack_full_pic_833.jpg
    refurbished_rack_full_pic_833.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 2,268
thanks so much .it seems like its the nut in the center of the rack ill find your write up and have a proper look

well I tightened up the bolts managed to get to 3 ok hopefully it will work .I think it would be to much for me decgraham to rebuild and for that price I would do the same as you . I owe you a pint :thumbs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back