Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is there wheel extenders for my 4GTS with centre locks?

Squire

Hi

Is there wheel extenders for my Carrera 4GTS with centre locks? As I want to fill wheel arches.

Where can I buy them from?

Thanks in advance.

Rather annoyingly, I don't believe it's possible. I'd love to be proven wrong though!

Do we have any appropriately qualified design engineers who could calculate the additional loads imposed etc for a 15mm spacer at the rear? I'm yet to remove a wheel to see the length of the thread on the centre lock, but I reckon there'd be plenty enough to back it off 15mm and chuck an aluminium spacer in there! So the next question is, do we have anyone brave enough to find out...?

Squire said:
Hi

Is there wheel extenders for my Carrera 4GTS with centre locks? As I want to fill wheel arches.

Where can I buy them from?

Thanks in advance.

You cannot fit (or buy) spacers for centre locks as far as I know. If you want to fill the arches you will need to buy new wheels unfortunately.

Centre locks look so beautiful :cloud9:

But the fact that you can't fart around too much with them is probably why i'd always go for the normal stud option :sad:

:thumb:

You cannot get spacers.

Get wider wheels.

As stated above - spacers are a profound no-no on centre locks. If you want to stay OE, the best option is to get 997.2 GT3 fronts and RS rears - those look lovely on a 997 GTS and fill out the arches exactly as you would want (the RS front centre locks are 9J and you'd wan't the arch extensions if you used those, whereas the 8.5J from the non-RS are spot on. You need RS rears as of course the non-RS uses the narrow body chassis).

The alternative is to look for aftermarket options in those fitments. Note that as the rears will be 12J you will need 305 or 325 width rears and if you use winters you will need to keep your existing rims for than (as you need the narrower 11J to mount the maximum 295 sized winters).

Keep an eye on forum classified sections, but eBay is your friend. Include EU (specifically German) results in your search.

9GdbF788.jpg

isysman said:
That was Chris from ABP Motorsport's car. Sat on H&R lowering springs too I believe. I've been toying with doing the same to mine (Porsche warranty is the only sticking point).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back