Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie saying Alreet!!

Millsy71

Just joined the forum so though id at least say hello.....

"hello"!!

Not an owner yet but hoping to be maybe just before/just after xmas( am i allowed to say that word in November :eek: )

Looking to treat myself to a Carrera 2 maybe 4. Think ill avoid the"S" as i certainly dont need the extra power and like most new owners im scared enough of potential problems with them before ive even bought one.

Oh.....and to upset X% of you already.......... im getting a Vert 8) 8)

im up in the Toon so looks like im going to have to travel for one,there rarer than hens teeth this far up North.

Learned so much looking on this forum ive ran out of all the Q's i was going to ask but im sure ill think of something :thumb:

M71

Welcome, no better place than on here for the 997 :thumb:

A few guys from up your way on here do runs out I think.

What spec colour you looking for?

Welcome to the forum :thumb: If your looking DAN SAF for a vert and you need a ppi borescope before you travel/buy etc. let me know I will give you the number of a very good mobile Porsche tech who will give you a full report on the car .
Good luck in your search keep us posted :)

Early welcome and happy hunting. :D

Cheers Chaps!

Silver,,,,

ideal would be....
C4
PSE
Triple Black
Heated Seats
Parking Sensors
Crab Claw wheels

Seal Grey would be a close second

Bose would be nice but i plan on upgrading to a double Din unit so not to fussed either way.

Any extended leather or interior options would be nice but they all seem pretty much the same,well to a novice like me they do!

If there's no PSE ill get the Exhaust modded(something else i learned on here

:D :D :D )

And Phil.....

Theres every chance ill PM you as DARN SARF is where they all seem to be :sad:

Hi & Welcome,

C4 997 is rare enough without even considering a cab. Good luck finding one. :thumb:

:welcome:

Good time to buy I'd say, especially for a hair dresser's car :floor:

:thumb:

:thewife:

:floor:

Don't tell anyone AY but I do like a cabbie myself...loved my old S2000 :D

Millsy71 what have you got/had in the past :dont know:

Also loved my S2000, really regret selling it, but £8150 was to much to keep in and don't think the wife would appreciate a 911 cab and an S2000 :) Will buy it back if I ever get the chance!

All sports cars should be cabrios. Nothing quite like a summer day with the roof down, or tunnel blasting roof down PSE on :)

Don't discount an S, problems are far less prevalent than the internet will have you think. It's about a car in good condition which has been looked after. Including S' will vastly increase the number of cars available.

Bose is pointless, heated seats essential in a cab, PSE or Gundo essential. Manual is everything.

Yes I know it's a proper hairdresser's car but what the hell....and it's sort of part of the plan of getting one so the wife will drive it and I won't get a billowing when she finds out how much I've spent !!

Is the 'S" the same tax and Insurance group?

Got a it of a sticking point with the Auto/Manuel.

I'd prefer a manual but she wants an Auto....and you know who always wins these things....

I've never owned a car with a roof!

I do worry that I'll regret selling my S2000, but the 997 is one hell of an upgrade!

I see absolutely no point in a fixed roof sports car for recreational road use. Track, racing or commuting in all weathers are the only justification. To be honest the S2000 was used for track and commuting so I guess they're not mutually exclusive!

I bought on condition rather than getting hung up on options (I wanted a C2S manual convertible). If I were buying another the essential options would be heated sports seats, PSE and parking sensors.

Sports exhaust - roof = happiness!

Millsy71 said:
Yes I know it's a proper hairdresser's car but what the hell...

whiteflag2.gif

I was only taking the pee out of Alex :floor:

'Cos of his new mate Albert
wink4.gif

Millsy71 said:
Oh.....and to upset X% of you already.......... im getting a Vert 8) 8)

Using the word 'vert' is enough to upset me. :nooo:

I've heard several 'rag-top' fans use the term over the years but it's very rarely used in Porsche circles.

Start saying Cab' and you'll make a lot more friends on here. :thumb:

ps. :welcome: to 911uk and 'Happy Hunting'.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back