Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Recommended Battery

MarkC4S

Good evening,

My C4S would not start today; I believe the problem is low battery power (I was in the process of trying to give it a run out). The car is 2008 and I have no record of last battery change. I am going to get RAC out tomorrow morning to get her going and will ask them to test battery health.

I know that they make a high margin selling over-priced batteries at homestarts, so if their test does indicate a weak/old or even faulty battery I am inclined to buy and fit my own.

Can anybody tell me what batteries Porsche recommend or use OEM? Would there be anything I would need to look out for doing a DIY battery change?

Thanks

I'm not sure of the specifics but I believe that there is a cable that is connected to the battery which corrodes over time which can cause slow starting/turning over issues. I think it's the earth cable but someone more clued up than me will be along with the specifics shortly. It might be worth changing this cable as well.

This question has been asked many times before.

This thread is one that best summarises the usual discussion/answer and also gives supplier recommendations.

Click here ==> the answer is Bosch

:thumb:

try car part 4 less you will get Bosch s5 110 for £123 using the November code then buy a ctek trickle charger to plug your car in when its standing to stop it happening again, these chargers can also re-condition old batteries

Thanks for all of the helpful advice.

I will go with the silver Bosch battery which I can get for £105 delivered (Tayna or ABS Batteries).

:thumb: :thumb:

Turned out the battery (Porsche OEM) was in good condition and the alternator etc was fine. No power drains, so just not using it enough.

I did find some water sitting in the battery tray which can't be right, no idea where it is getting in. Is this a common problem by any chance?

The porsche Moll batteries are notoriously *****. After 3 years they dont hold charge well at all, even when recovered with an intelligent charger

pcat said:
The porsche Moll batteries are notoriously *****. After 3 years they dont hold charge well at all, even when recovered with an intelligent charger

Thanks, one more strike then and it is out!

Discovered that all 4 bulkhead drain holes where bunged up with crud. Now all cleaned out, just in time for the winter.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back