Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

*Sold* £250 Porsche Design P'9981 Phone

Menace

Hockenheim
Morning all,

I'm selling my Porsche Design P'9981 phone, as new, was my work phone.

Boxed lots of spares, desk chargers, car charger, batteries.

Accessories in box untouched.

This was the one everyone wanted, retail was £1250.

£300 to you all. Bargain!![/b]

Possibly a tad optimistic for a 6 year old Blackberry design given that people can secure one for a little over £100 on eBay (if prepared to wait for them to come up as open auctions rather than Buy It Now from traders), but if it is in impeccable condition they can make more. It only seems to be the gold plated Arabic ones that people are still paying real money for, so I can only wish you good luck with the sale. :thumb:

Martian said:
Is the BlackBerry platform still going? :D

Yes, but the current devices are all Android based and made by third parties since BB got out of the hardware business a while back. The most recent OS that can be ran on the P'9981 is apparently over 4 years old now, so it is a bit of a nostalgia item. In fairness - outside of Apple no Smartphones really enjoy much of a software support lifespan though.

Hi,

Agreed, not comparable to iPhones etc. It is a luxury phone that is a little different.
Quite popular with some people still.
I haven't seen a good one go for £100. I worked for Porsche Design for a long time, so know the market well.
Only 25 of the original gold ones were made. I can still get one if you need? Original price was £18k back in the day.

Regards

Just been over to the Porsche Design website!

My word, they've branched out a bit, Porsche Design Towers real estate!

Also I 'need' a Huewei Mate 10.

Hi Peter,

Yes, Porsche Tower is quite something.

Let me know if you need the 10, I can organise that for you.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back