Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How does a 964 compare to a Ferrari?

jack.pe

Monza
So, was lucky enough to be able to drive a Ferrari 355 a week ago. I absolutely loved it. Love my 964 too and I know it's not really a direct comparison but interesting all the same..

Made a video of my impressions, hope you like it!

Nice vid, well, apart from the orgasm noises. :grin:

Ferrari wins on everything bar robustness and usability but as a sunny day classic car that's not so important..

The one reason I've always chosen 911s over Ferraris is running costs. Thanks to a good Indy I can run 911s on a sensible budget. I'd lose that if I bought a Ferrari.
I chose between a 348 and 964t years ago, then a 360 and a GT3.

Lots of friends have moved to F cars and they're great. Especially 430 onwards. 430 Scud is incredible and 458 is all the road car you'd ever need.

355 looking dated now but that's the point I guess and they're still stunning. That front end over hang and short rear end.

Looks like you had a great day out. That's what it's all about. 👍

Enjoyed watching that Jack , fun and well put together , i think its quite possible that if it had also been your "first" drive of the 964 you would have found that just as exhilarating .... well all most :thumb:

Marky911 said:
Nice vid, well, apart from the orgasm noises. :grin:

Looks like you had a great day out. That's what it's all about. 👍

I do apologise for the orgasm noises but I was literally creaming my pants... :D

Thanks for watching!!

KP964 said:
Enjoyed watching that Jack , fun and well put together , i think its quite possible that if it had also been your "first" drive of the 964 you would have found that just as exhilarating .... well all most :thumb:

Yep...could be. A fruity pipe does greatly increase the fun on a 964!

Great video Jack, but surely this is a mismatch.

The 964 was 1989-1993 so the Ferrari 348 was the competition.

The 355 was 1994-1999 so the 993 was comparible.

Price wise reviews at the time were 355 v 993 turbo.

"ŽTop Gear magazine did a great "993 turbo v Ferrari F355 - Irresistible Force versus Immovable Object" "Ž

I remember Frank's 355 when we all went ot Spa. sounded glorious even 300m back on the motorway. He did have a tendency to fill it more than us :grin:

Interior trim was a bit flaky though :what:

Enjoyed that. Miles better than the youtubers most of whom I find unwatchable - maybe review some of Porsches newer 911s with newer Ferraris from same period too. 997 turbo vs F430? 991 turbo/GT3 v 458/488 :thumbs:

Desert Dragon said:
maybe review some of Porsches newer 911s with newer Ferraris from same period too. 997 turbo vs F430? 991 turbo/GT3 v 458/488 :thumbs:
+1 :food:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back