Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 997 turbo purchase

I like it but with red exterior and blue interior always going to be difficult to sell on. Top money for a tip too with that mileage imo :judge:

Wasn't sure about the blue and red interior but I think it works. Saw you were looking for a manual to do a conversion on? Plans changed?

Yeah its the blue interior which is putting me off also. The pictures are deceiving as the seats and dash look black.
I haven't seen it in person yet so could all change if I don't like it.

G2 said:
Wasn't sure about the blue and red interior but I think it works. Saw you were looking for a manual to do a conversion on? Plans changed?

I got fed up of waiting for a red manual at the right price. (max 55K budget) Don't seem to be any out there?

I like red turbos looks nice with the red stitching on the leather and I like the metropole leather, so much more interesting than dam boring unimaginative uninspiring black leather only more boring when its in a black car. :thumb:

Iby said:
I got fed up of waiting for a red manual at the right price. (max 55K budget) Don't seem to be any out there?

Fully understand. Bright colours appear in short supply again. A Guards turbo is well worth waiting for though.

Gazc2 said:
I agree the red stitching breaks it up nicely,however I also think it might not be the easiest to sell on car looks nice with the front lip and sills painted.

have you seen this one newer with less miles

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...e-911-997-turbo-coupe-2dr-tiptronic-s/7604586

The prices of the 997 turbos are
:eek: especially Gen 2 having a gander through PH

I have seen the advert, but for some reason the car didn't appeal to me. I like the fact the other car has the better steering wheel, sports exhaust, red stitching, red belts, etc.

Colour combo is a bit 'marmite" which can be seen as a positive or negative dependant on your personal perspective.

Assuming you like the colour, it would all hinge on service history for me. There's cars can cost £1000's for a new owner if the previous owner has skimped on maintenance. I would want to see a comprehensive history from a reputable Indy/OPC before I parted with any cash.

£50k seems to be in line with current advertising trends bases on spec and millage but at this time of year and with the 'marmite" factor in mind I would want it to be closer to £45k.

All that said the Guards Red is really starting to grow on me with the turbo and I never like red cars!

Looks nice. Wouldn't it be worth a look at the Sytner one? The pictures are absolutely plop so it might look much better in the flesh.

Red seat belts and sports exhaust can be added and aren't the most expensive changes if the Sytner one does turn out to be the better buy

Buy the car that suits you not the one that "might" suit the next buyer

Good luck

Paul

Love the gaurds red on a turbo, also noticed it hasn't got the hard back seats. As said it's strong money for 66k miles

Good luck👍

ps if you hadn't told me that was blue interior I wouldn't have been able to tell

Some great advice, thanks all :thumbs:

I will keep you all posted.

I think the negative vote for metropole blue cannot have seen it in the flesh ..?
I had a silver car with metropole blue interior ....... I also wasn't sure as I had held on the phone and was working abroad viewing / picking it up on return to UK ....
Man....it's a beautiful colour , I didn't even question it on my first view ..
Tremendous warm colour ....you will enjoy The Turbo, Guards red is quite rare on a 997 so enjoy the drives .....and all the comments you will get.... it looks great , outside and in ...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back