Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tailpipe adjustment

caterman

Monza
My tailpipes are slightly out of alignment ie one sticks out a little further than the other, its not something that I can resolve by rotating the joint. There is a very rusty screw underneath the crome trim.
If I extract the screw, will that give me some fore and aft adjustment or is it set in one position.
I will have to drill out the screw and I can't see the part on the parts diagram, local OPC said they assumed it was part of the trim rather than available separately. Can anyone tell me what the screw is in none Porsche terms, ie M8x15mm?

Depending what car and tail pipe you have, you can adjust the actual chrome tip on the 3.6 but the bolt that holds it to the exhaust will be corroded and a new bolt will be needed. There is an elongated hole that will allow fore and aft movement.

Its a 1999 3.4 C2 , so the single oval tailpipe.

The screw definitely won't be reuseable and does not appear to be available separately so I am after the dimensions of the screw

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back