Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

COA

C4-STORM

Hockenheim
Finally received my COA and neither the sports seats or sunroof delete feature as build options on my C4S.

My sports seats have crested headrests which is noted.

Other items are listed as expected.

This leads me to believe that a 2004/04 C4S was non-sunroof and sports seats as standard. Do we know if this is correct?

I know manufacturers tweak standard spec with different model codes throughout production runs.

Thoughts :?

I have no sunroof on my 2002 C4S and its not listed on the options either.

I sold them new and sunroof was an option, pretty sure sports seats were as well. All of my price guides are up in the loft sadly!

Fast Bug said:
I sold them new and sunroof was an option, pretty sure sports seats were as well. All of my price guides are up in the loft sadly!

So ads stating sunroof delete option are wrong as others have suggested.

I am convinced the sports seats were an option as well but these are not specified on my COA. I will check my service book but as I can recall I don't think they are listed as a code in there either :?

Dammit said:
My COA doesn't list all the options on the bonnet sticker

My bonnet sticker is illegible :roll:

The point of paying for a Certificate is to get the exact spec detailed - I might send it back :puh:

coullstar said:
My old C4s had no sunroof (alcantara roof) and STD seats. Don't think Sports was STD option.

Sounds like you have paid for something that's not quite accurate.

Yeh right.. I did however join the PCGB so Cert was foc.. so not all bad as get the mags and the membership perks.

Must say a little disappointed with the COA so would not recommend the normal £65 price to get one.

(I have alcantara as well btw!)

Never understood why people want these coa.

Why do you need a bit of paper telling you what you have on the drive?

OK fair enough if its a rare collectible car, someone might want to see it is strictly as it left the factory and hasn't been messed with.

Doesn't give any faith in it when the coa doesn't match the bonnet sticker!

The COA is a disappointment- none of mine have ever fully reflected the actual build spec of the car. It's a shame and seems lazy to me! :nooo:

They're free (with Porsche GB membership, but that saved me quite a lot recently on parts), and they make a nice addition to the history file I think.

I got mine as I was trying to work out if it was genuinely an import or not - as in, registered elsewhere then exported to the UK, which from looking at the dates of construction, first reg etc I think it was first registered in the UK, so it was useful from that perspective.

wasz said:
Never understood why people want these coa.

Why do you need a bit of paper telling you what you have on the drive?

OK fair enough if its a rare collectible car, someone might want to see it is strictly as it left the factory and hasn't been messed with.

Doesn't give any faith in it when the coa doesn't match the bonnet sticker!

+1

I think people and especially those belonging to PCGB are mistaken or have been led to believe this piece of paper makes the car they own worth more.

We were looking at a replacement for our Mk1 Cayenne S last year we went to veiw a Cayenne GTS which was fairly nice, the owner was also a member of PCGB and when he produced a COA for it I had to stop myself from laughing. Passed on the car, it was 3k over priced and he wouldnt budge but kept on about this COA he had??

I think they are useful for something like a 904 or 356 where the cars original spec is in question due to time passed, restoration etc

The peive of paper you really want is the delivery receipt, this has pretty much everything on it spec wise inc the costs for the options at that time.

:dont know:

^^^ I must admit I agree.

I'm a sucker for a good history file <nerd> but those COA things are a bit of a pointless novelty.
£60 or join the Porsche club for that amount and get one "free". Nah.
The mag isn't that good and I don't really do clubs. Drives out yes. Stand in a field and look at my car, no thanks. *

Plus you can get the 10% parts discount at your OPC just by asking the parts lads.

* Disclaimer as someone will mention this comment in future. :grin:
I do attend the odd classic show but it's to meet up with my dad in his.
That's the only reason.

I asked my parts guys for my radio code when I first bought the car and lost it. They gave me this sheet below as well as the code (which didn't work but I've just spotted why). My car was spec'd with cassette radio and changer in front. I've spotted the leads to my changer and thought some tight arse had sold it or something. My head unit is the CD-R version now though so someone must have ditched the original and fitted this. Suits me as changers are old hat, however I've developed a twitch since finding out it isn't original spec. :wink:

There's more on here than on bonnet sticker so worth asking for one -

Cheers D, I'll give you a shout if I want it. I'm keeping all of the standard parts I remove but don't know if I'll buy the ones that aren't there.

My OCD tells me to, but on the other hand my car has had a replacement engine so it'll never be a mega valuable, matching numbers, collectors piece.

Thanks though, I'll have a think. :thumb:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back