Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First month of ownership thoughts

nickjonesn4

Sao Paulo
Great first month of 993 ownership. I'm really enjoying driving the car and have put the best part of 1000 miles on it. I discovered that JZM had set the tyre pressures for 18" rims so now it's running 36psi front and rear the ride is much better. Also fun getting used to the quirks of the car, things like checking the oil level with the engine running and rembering what side the filler cap is on. I'm very pleasantly surprised at how little the offset pedals are bothering me and how easy it is to heal and toe on downshifts. Now I know the engine better and beginning to understand how to get the best out of the power band I'm surprised how quick it feels on my favourite roads in East Lothian and the borders. The noise is intoxicating. Another result... my wife loves the car and is a convert, which makes a change from the usual p*as taking from her around my love of cars. The reaction from other motorists is also lovely, constantly being let out at junctions, thumbs up from van drivers etc. Also pleasantly surprised by how good the Becker stereo I have is, the Bluetooth for calls is excellent.

Starting to pull together a list of things I will do to the car over the next few months;

1) Get the 996 turbo wheel I bought on the car asap
2) Get the 18" Work Meisters on the car and put the Cup 2s away for a future sale of the car as they are perfect.
3) Sort out sports cat and new back boxes. Not sure yet on supplier. I have had Cargraphic stuff previously so probably go with them
4) Get the car down to Wayne Schofield for a remap and leak down test. Fascinated to see what it's putting out
5) Retrim. Go for full leather and turn the dash black
6) Centre Gravity to check the shocks and sort out any suspension issues. I really fancy the Ohlins option but we'll see.

Thanks to all on here for input on questions, absolutely loving 993 ownership to date and feeling reluctant to put her away for the winter!

:D :D :D

Ist Month

Glad you have had an enjoyable first month Nick. We had our first scattering of salt on the roads earlier this week so I think that will be it for me this year!

Re: Ist Month

stichill99 said:
Glad you have had an enjoyable first month Nick. We had our first scattering of salt on the roads earlier this week so I think that will be it for me this year!

Yep the sensible option! In doing Porsche Club run down to Moffat this weekend so maybe will call it a day after that.

Sounds like you're enjoying 993 ownership, they are addictive.

I'm doing a similar thing with my interior in the coming winter months. Out with the horrid Classic Grey and in with a full extended Black Leather removed from a Turbo.
Your chestnut interior is a great colour but in typical 80's/90's Porsche fashion they go overboard with the colour!
Have you thought about Black Carpets, Black Dash, Black Steering Wheel and Black Door Cappings...? IMO it would look superb and be far cheaper than a full swap. A full Black re-trim will be many thousands from Southbound or the like and finding a full Black interior from a donor car is now virtually impossible.

C.

cableguy said:

I'm doing a similar thing with my interior in the coming winter months. Out with the horrid Classic Grey and in with a full extended Black Leather removed from a Turbo.
Your chestnut interior is a great colour but in typical 80's/90's Porsche fashion they go overboard with the colour!
Have you thought about Black Carpets, Black Dash, Black Steering Wheel and Black Door Cappings...? IMO it would look superb and be far cheaper than a full swap. A full Black re-trim will be many thousands from Southbound or the like and finding a full Black interior from a donor car is now virtually impossible.

C.

Hi Carl. Yes that's exactly what's on my mind. Don't want full black just black dash, wheel, carpets and keep the rest chestnut

Got a really good place in Glasgow lined up

nickjonesn4 said:
cableguy said:

C.

Hi Carl. Yes that's exactly what's on my mind. Don't want full black just black dash, wheel, carpets and keep the rest chestnut

Got a really good place in Glasgow lined up

Will look great when done, very much like the Black/Marble interiors only Black/Chestnut. :thumb:

C.

I've owned my C2 for 3 months and 3k miles. Like you I am loving it.

I am glad that Center Gravity is on your list. I thought the car drove beautifully. However, that's not what Chris at Center Gravity thought. A day of his fine tuning has transformed the steering and suspension

hopeydaze said:
I've owned my C2 for 3 months and 3k miles. Like you I am loving it.

I am glad that Center Gravity is on your list. I thought the car drove beautifully. However, that's not what Chris at Center Gravity thought. A day of his fine tuning has transformed the steering and suspension

Great stuff. Wishing I'd found mine a bit earlier in the year!

Don't forget pics of it sat on those rims! Enjoy your car!

Those Cup2's work really well on that car. Some sticky rubber and you're good to go. :thumb:

C.

Keep it real chum and start with the basics :hand:

Make sure you've got the wiper widget, rubber bungs for the mirrors, underbody teats and nipple covers for the bolts under the spoiler. :thumb: Engine tidy strip is a bonus along with the 'correct' Mobil 1 sticker.:roll:

Also you'll find that if you wear a pair of Jonttt's rose tinted specs you'll suddenly get a liking for the moody Metropole Blue interior :what:

:eek: JZM not knowing the correct tyre pressures :loser:

And seeing as the illuminati have failed to mention it... don't forget to line up your tyre valves with the bottom point of the Porsche Centre Cap Crest. :grin:

C.

Zingari said:
Keep it real chum and start with the basics :hand:

Make sure you've got the wiper widget, rubber bungs for the mirrors, underbody teats and nipple covers for the bolts under the spoiler. :thumb: Engine tidy strip is a bonus along with the 'correct' Mobil 1 sticker.:roll:

Also you'll find that if you wear a pair of Jonttt's rose tinted specs you'll suddenly get a liking for the moody Metropole Blue interior :what:

:eek: JZM not knowing the correct tyre pressures :loser:

Ha! I don't think I will be joining the OCD club thanks all the same!

Fortunately my interior is Chestnut nor blue so just needs black dash and wheel for my tastes as the seats etc look ace

The tyre pressures were bang on for 18" wheels :roll: :roll: :roll:

nickjonesn4 said:
set the tyre pressures for 18" rims so now it's running 36psi front and rear the ride is much better.
You might want to try just a few more psi at the back.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back