Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Potentially stupid wipers question

nickjonesn4

Sao Paulo
All

Is there a way of setting the wipers so that they don't rest on the drivers side partially obstructing the view?

Cheers

Nick

Well .. not with the standard linkage .. in theory with a left hand drive setup it might be possible but not something ive ever tryed and it would be a struggle to get it to fit .. much fabrication springs to mind .

I hadn't even bleeding well noticed til my wife pointed it out at the weekend now it's all I can see!! :sad:

You are perfectly correct though .. it is a pain .. there is only so far you can adjust them to the right side and its not enough .

In theory with a LHD wiper linkage you might be able to modify it to fit and that would work .. but i think the time and expense would make it impractible.

Having said that im going to have to have a look now next time i see a left hooker to see if its feasable !!

Chris993C2 said:
I seem to remember that there's a fairly simple way to get the wipers to park on the other half of the windscreen - possibly electrical rather than mechanical, like pulling a relay or something like that :dont know:

Just found something on Pelican Parts. Remove the intermittent relay and you can stop them wherever you like. No intermittent setting of course so not convinced it's worth it.

Will just raise my seat height a bit!

That is actually a solution i hadnt thought of .. remove the park cycle from the motor and then the wipers will stop when ever you switch them off .

Wash wipe / intermitant would no longer work though .

Demort said:
You are perfectly correct though .. it is a pain .. there is only so far you can adjust them to the right side and its not enough

How would I adjust them so that they are as far over as possible? I have a feeling that they could be further over.

Cheers

Nick

nickjonesn4 said:
Demort said:
You are perfectly correct though .. it is a pain .. there is only so far you can adjust them to the right side and its not enough

How would I adjust them so that they are as far over as possible? I have a feeling that they could be further over.

Cheers

Nick

Lift up the caps on the end of the arms ( at the base ) Undo the arm nuts , 13mm , angle the arms up , gentle rock side to side to break the arm free then reposition to where you want it .. do the same with each arm .

Be aware that the arm is spring loaded so be carefull when close to the screen when you move it .

Do this with ignition off and the wipers in their normal parked position .

Demort said:
nickjonesn4 said:
Demort said:

Cheers

Nick

Lift up the caps on the end of the arms ( at the base ) Undo the arm nuts , 13mm , angle the arms up , gentle rock side to side to break the arm free then reposition to where you want it .. do the same with each arm .

Be aware that the arm is spring loaded so be carefull when close to the screen when you move it .

Do this with ignition off and the wipers in their normal parked position .

Thanks. Will do that tomorrow

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back