Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne side steps.

ianth

Any tips on cleaning these? Looks like the aluminium is dirt stained. Wondered if there's a miracle cleaner that works around the rubber without damaging it.

Attachments

• 8b617ec8_3626_4cdd_9350_8885c4b447b9_213.jpeg
    8b617ec8_3626_4cdd_9350_8885c4b447b9_213.jpeg
    630.5 KB · Views: 6,297
Have you tried a magic sponge?

Quite a cheap simple product that you just add water to.
I got some to use on car door sills to mask the scuff marks from getting in/out.

It will be safe to use on the metal and rubber of your side steps.

I have also used one on the aluminium oven front and glass, worked a treat!

They break down if used for too long, so just monitor it, keep using a different area, and keep dipping in water along the way.

Be careful not to scrub too vigorously in case it removes the chromed finish under the tarnished metal.

20x High Quality Magic Sponge Eraser Magic Eraser Sponge Cleaning Sponge Stain Remover (130x65x25mm) by TrisunUK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OF02N2Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Rqq.zbY6HPSGM

Hope that helps. :thumb:

Haven't tried anything like that,never even heard of these,just ordered some and will give it a go.thanks for the advice,hope it works.

Have you had a go yet Ian?

James M-S said:
Have you had a go yet Ian?

Just noticed this!! Yes I tried the magic sponge........no good.
Tried autosol.........no good!!
Left it scabby.........still no good .....:)

Sorry. You could try searching on detailing world forum?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back