Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

All praise Lewis Hamilton

Indeed it was a well deserved fourth World title.

I am also looking forward to the progression of Max Verstaphen (sp) who will undoubtedly join the exalted ranks of being a world F1 champion.

New997buyer said:
All time pole position holder.
One of the few with four world championships.
Humble background.
Culturally bringing whole swathes to the sport who normally don't watch.
Smart and talented.

One of the all time greats :worship:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/41804401

...and yet : he still has no chance of getting the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award against the Tennis, Cycling and Boxing block votes... :dont know:

....... I thought he was awarded that "honour" in 2014? ......

2010 AP McCoy

2011 Mark Cavendish

2012 Sir Bradley Wiggins

2013 Andy Murray

2014 Lewis Hamilton

2015 Andy Murray

2016 Andy Murray

One of the all time greats IMHO :thumb:

agreed. maybe now he will get the credit he deserves. one WC clear of stewart now.

amazing season , super fast in qualy and just at the top of his game. brilliant. I can see him adding another two.

great to see other cars pushing merc hard this year and makes it all the more deserved. last year he was very unlucky with reliability and Tossberg only just pipped hm. then retired as he knew he had no chance again and lewis much quicker and another year more accomplished.

should have been 5 WCs really.... in 2007 if the FIA did not want a rookie winning the title.

His mind set this season was brilliant, as opposed to last season where was mixed up in the Nico-Lewis mind games.
Think his biggest display of humility was handing back the place to Valtteri at Hungary and he certainly went up in a lot of peoples estimations when he did it, Seb certainly wouldn't have.
He is one of these sportsmen that is becoming bigger than the sport itself and now he'll become even bigger, especially in the States and more so because of the new F1 owners Liberty Media approach to running it like a circus.
The boys done good, he's a Brit and proud of it. :thumbs:

:weed:

I find it hard to support the guy with such poor dress sense :nooo: Wearing an earring under a lid must be a health & safety infraction :dont know:

GQ must be on a bung as he should be in the top 10 'Worst dressed men' category :roll:

The days of the Mike Hawthorn dress code have sadly gone, it's all ripped jeans and baseball caps now old chap.

I have never noticed any anti F1 bias in the BBC spoty awards. Didn't Damon Hill win it twice from memory? LH is for sure one of the great drivers, but I would feel warmer towards him if he ditched the ear rocks, and, gave up on the bleating when things don't go his way. He was even on the radio during the last race shouting that he had been deliberately rammed! Bit of a cry baby. But yes a great driver for certain.
Rick

Yes and isn't it interesting that that incident on the opening lap was looked into then forgotten about, not like the stewards to fall down on the side of Ferrari!

Great driver and I like it when he complains - taking lessons from Neymar apparently.

Deserved victory even though he does have dubious dress sense..... :cap:

His record confirms he is already one of the all time greats but in terms of pure sporting achievement I think Chris Froome is a more worthy of SPotY winning the World's toughest sporting event 4 times plus the Vuelta.

Lewis has done great and I expect more wins, maybe when he gets his 5th, or even 6th.

He certainly is very quick but he is more driving a computer/ Playstation than ever before.

I know it's difficult to compare eras, but the analogue racers of yesteryear may have been better.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back