Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Turbo Manual to 997.2 Turbo PDK

jotaking

Anyone done this move??

Do you miss the manual?

Is the PDK a thing of wonder?

Are you fully converted or do you pine for some left foot action?

jotaking said:
Anyone done this move??

Do you miss the manual?

I have not, but I have drove a few PDK Turbo's and not just around the block!

I think very much comes down to what you are going to use the car for. As a toy the manual is far more engaging and fun to drive. As a daily and commuting the PDK.

The Gen2 is an improved, or should I say more refined car make no mistake (except for one important area of course and maybe the rear lights) but, that also makes it less of an event.

Grrr I only bought mine for the 'spangly' rear lights, who can't love a good LED display!

PDK is the dogs danglies! Tip isn't.

I haven't heard any complaints about either variation really. I haven't owned a manual turbo so can't comment. I find my 997.2 turbo an amazing piece of kit and IMO the PDK is superb.
I very much doubt you'd regret progressing from .1 manual to .2 PDK.

jotaking said:
Anyone done this move??

Do you miss the manual?

Cant copmment on the turbo thing, however yes the PDK is a thing of wonder! (from a previous die hard manual fan)

previous car 996tt manual, now have 997tt pdk. did enjoy the involvement of the manual and miss it at times. Yes the 997 as flappy paddles but it's not the same. Wouldn't go back to turbo manual. Having said that I am thinking of going to a naturally aspirated manual 991 gts, probably makes in sense to anyone but me

The Turbo with PDK is a great combination .....
It all depends on your point of view and what you want from it ....

It is Ballistically fast in Sport plus ... I went from a 997.2 GT3 to the Turbo S and have never regretted the change as a driving event ......
(I do regret no fully cashing in on the meteoric rise in the value though ...)

I don't think the Turbo PDK is as good as the 991 GT3 PDK either but as an event it's worth the change alone....!

They probably drive much the same other than that though.....just that you have to stir it all up yourself with the manual.....must be busy in a Turbo ??

911TEL said:

It is Ballistically fast in Sport plus ... I went from a 997.2 GT3 to the Turbo S and have never regretted the change as a driving event ......

I don't think the Turbo PDK is as good as the 991 GT3 PDK either but as an event it's worth the change alone....!

They probably drive much the same other than that though.....just that you have to stir it all up yourself with the manual.....must be busy in a Turbo ??

It is :thumb: mines tuned and you might as well forget first gear when going for it, unless you are Speedy Gonzalez.

Boba fett said:
911TEL said:

It is :thumb: mines tuned and you might as well forget first gear when going for it, unless you are Speedy Gonzalez.

Speedy!!
:grin: :grin: I can believe that..... I wish I'd bought a manual when I bought my first 997 Turbo .... 😢
I allowed myself to be swayed and took a tip S...... still can't work out what the 'S' means in that ...
I'll have to drive a manual Turbo .... gotta try it ....!

911TEL said:

The 997 GT2RS, McLaren F1, F40, F50, XJ 220 and Porsche GT1 etc were all manuals and people managed just fine with them 8)

That said, my neighbour just bought a black Gen2 Turbo PDK (with sunroof delete) and CL wheels and it does look good. I can't see me trading mine 997.1 turbo for one but if I did not have one and was looking to get into a 997 turbo today it would be a tough choice for me.

Hmmm the S could stand for quite a few things :?:

Slow
Scenic
Sedate
Sluggish
Slack
Stolid
Steady
Spiritless
Stale

I'm just kidding
:thumb:

I am Seriously thinking of going from manual 997tt.1 to .2 because of the PDk as I am getting lazy. Only really used 2nd and 3rd at the recent CAT driving course day

Just drive a Turbo/Turbo S PDK in sports or sports plus...you'll soon have your answer :eek:

Roger Barker said:
Just drive a Turbo/Turbo S PDK in sports or sports plus...you'll soon have your answer :eek:
'Scoring' five goals playing the eighties board game 'Super-striker' or actually blasting the winning goal with a right foot volley in the regional youth under sixteens county cup final?

Roger Barker said:

That was the part of my first drive that really impressed me ....I had never driven a car with such a change of speed available.....I actually don't use it that much in my day to day when I have the S out but it's lurking .......try it ....it will give your butt cheeks a good work out ....I think I creased the leather seat .....!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back