Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 ceramic paint protection

pierrebear

Nurburgring
Hi guys

Anyone have any experience of this kind of thing? Am already starting to get super precious about the car and trying to maintain its wonderful paintwork.

Any tips / advice greatly appreciated as ever.

Pierre

I had gtechniq (c1 and exo?) put on my car following a 2 stage machine polish.

Took the guy 3 days and cost me £500. Part of the time is curing for the coating.

It's now super shiny and beads like anything (even after 18months).

Dirt will wash off very easily but I haven't found the right products yet that will let me wash it without touching the paint with a mitt.

It is not as hard a coating as advertised as I have some micro swirls.

If you're after protection I would go for film, but make sure you do full panels and not half bonnet etc. You can apply wax over ppf, but it will show if there are any film edges.

I think suntek self healing film is very well rated. (Couple of grand though)

Hope that helps...

Thanks, James. Is there much ongoing maintenance required?

No specific maintenance required, I'm a bit obsessive as the car is black, so I generally wash it every week.

It has helped me get the washing/drying done much more quickly though, ~1hr a week, rather than 2hrs a week plus 3-4hours every 6 weeks if waxing.

This has certainly reduced my wife's hatred of the car!

It dries really nicely using the sheeting method with an open hose, and just a couple of dabs with a towel.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back