Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

JLR Disco Sport worse car ever?BMW/Audi dealers worse still!

spongebob squarepants

A joke to put in other 'Marques', what a pile of crap. Besides a great auto box its the worst car ive ever owned. Waited for the Ingenium diesel engine with the promise of 53 mpg combined, now I know they wont do claiimed but 17-20 MPG! Funny the Golf said 62 and always returned 55 plus.

Its been back to the dealers, (after a months wait to fit in!) as the stop start has never worked, came back they told the Mrs Sponge, we changed the engine oil because it was thin? twiddled a bit with things, reset the widget and put a new flux capacitator on it, its fine now when tested it did 40 mpg :thumbs: Oh right it fuc k ing didnt on the way home!

Oh and dont have too many things on at the same time! Low and behold swithch off the AC abd the stop start works???!! Biggest load of rubbish out there, switch on the heated seats everything packs up! ***** Rover never ever again! Back to German me thinks...

Anyone thinking of one, well dont! Positive LR Discovery sport reviews welcome :?:

Landrover - The worst four by four by far

My RR vogue had continuous issues. Replaced with an x5 that has never had a single issue. Go figure.

Spongebob two issues ongoing on the Land Rover forum that I use
a good mate of mine put a deposit down on a 65 plate D4 last Thursday
car to be collected today got a call Monday that LR had dropped the price of his P/X by 3 grand so he needed to find the balance so he told them to stick it ,he collects another today from a different dealer
another chap just took delivery of a brand spanking new FFRR the door had been damaged and the Dealer had just blown the centre of the door panel over a child could have done better LR last week agreed to replace it with a brand new one but he could be waiting up to 4 months
why oh why do we keep going back to JLR time after time it's beyond me :dont know:

CarreraMonkey said:
Landrover - The worst four by four by far

My RR vogue had continuous issues. Replaced with an x5 that has never had a single issue. Go figure.

I'm on my 3rd version of the RR Sport, all three till now have been solid. I won't go into details as don't want to tempt fate.

Had two early Cayennes, Turbo and S and were terrible second hand buys. Turbo had Porsche warranty and was with them more than me in 8 weeks of owning. Then had the new V8 diesel and that was good for the months I had it.

RR/LR I read seem to be some are lucky and some are not. I wouldn't consider the Disco sport or evoque though. I'm porsche through for a decent sports car but rather have a sport than a cayenne.

I had a factory tour of the plant in Liverpool where these are built a few years ago. It's not great for an auto plant. The thing that struck me was an 85% first pass yield. I.E for every 100 cars built 15 would not start or needed some kind of remedial work. They had inventory queued up in the aisles, including a row of finished rejected cars. Fork Lift Trucks speeding around with poor segregation from pedestrians and finished product etc. It was a real eye opener and really put me off the brand.....

Re: Is the Land Rover Discovery Sport the worse car ever?

spongebob squarepants said:
Low and behold swithch off the AC abd the stop start works???!!

The engine drives the air con pump.

No engine no aircon.

Cabin environment is prioritised over stop start. It'll stop if it thinks the cabin environment will stay in tolerance when stopped.

My dad had one of the very first Discoveries. Had 3 gearboxes.

In the USA they regularly are at the bottom of customer satisfaction surveys. Yet they still have a queue out of the door of people wanting to by their cars so they do nothing about it.

They can't make enough of them.

When I lived in Australia (admittedly ages ago) they used to say that if you wanted to go into the Outback, you should take a Land Rover. And if you wanted to get out of the Outback you should take a Land Cruiser! Almost every one out there (in those days) drove Landcruisers or Nissan 4x4s.

When they launched the new Disco a few years ago they did a big press launch out there. The car given to the Daily Telegraph chap had an air suspension failure that left him stranded. My Range Rover 4.0 was brilliant, when it worked, but was constantly in the workshop having suspension/drive components replaced, not to mention the various electrical issues it suffered from. Big question mark over the brand imho.
Rick

I had a Disco Sport. Cancelled order at dealer so was fresh out thier showroom to me within 48 hours.
It:

Broke down within 200 miles on motorway because of exhaust sensor fault (7 days to fix)
Had the infamous B pillar rattle (2 weeks to fix + many visits)
A rattle in the dash that took 4 months to find (2 weeks to fix + even more visits)
Sat nav died (quickest fix of 1 day)
Windscreen exploded then 3 attempts to fit correct one
Missing engine fuse box cover from factory (though I suspect dealer fault here)
Fuel consumption 30mpg (on 2.2)

It was sold back at a fairly eye watering loss after 11 months of misery. The solitary plus was it looked good

I recently changed my BMW X5 and I was torn between a Disco and another X5.(Liked the Audi Q7 but silly money) - Really like the layout of the Disco inside, comfort etc but my head kept telling me -"there is a reason why these come bottom in customer satisfaction surveys....." - went for another X5 in the end. Fingers crossed!

It would appear that LR dealers & the factories have never got out of the British Leyland mentality.

I should add that near when I had it I had a new android phone. As those who use android will know it will tell you how long to certain places you go to regularly as an notification (ie time to work)

3 months into Disco sport ownership it told me my time to work was 18 minutes.......I work 40 miles away from home, but as I had visited the dealership that often it thought I worked there

I'm chopping in my FFRR next week. Best all round car by far despite mine blowing an engine so would never own one out of warranty. Had a new loaded sport for a month and it was not a patch on the FF.

I'm swapping simply for a change to a 740e plus it will save me £800 per month in company car tax. Will be back in a FFRR at some point though, they just suck you in despite the issues.

One of my best mates is a franchise principle so I get hefty discounts so SWMBO runs a new evoque autobiography with every option. I would never pay the c£60K invoice price but for what I paid it does the job and I love the look of them.

I am reliably informed they get 50% of new cars back with faults within 7 days and it's higher with the disco sport.

They get away with it though with waiting lists worldwide.

....some latest LR products are looking ugly. The new Disco is a dogs dinner and the velar looks are an acquired taste.

Apparently there is big demand for the older 2010 -2013 RR

They need some products that are more appealing than the current crop.

Btw - there were two recovery trucks(at the same time) parked up at my local LR dealership last week :eek:

LR Indy told me the most reliable LR is the older freelanders from 2008 onwards

Makes you wonder if this is down to design issues, crap component quality or built by muppets.....

The first time I saw a Discovery sport I thought it was a Chinese knock off.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back