Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which Michelin tyres?

turv996

Hi All,

Having some trouble deciding which Michelins to go for.....

Front 235/35/19, Rear 295/30/19

First choice was Pilot Sport 4S - only I can't find anyone with the rears in stock. Are they about to be superseded?

I can find Pilot Super Sport but only the rears (think this is the old Pilot Sport 4S?) - don't want to mix with the pilot sport 4S front.

No problem getting Pilot Sport 2 N rated, but conventional wisdom seems to be that these are old technology.

Wondering what other people are doing/recommend?

Thanks,

Mark

https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=hp&q=tyres%20bentley%20doncaster&oq=tyres+bentley+doncaster&gs_l=psy-ab.12...2488.12671.0.16032.24.22.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..24.0.0.0...0.ir_JKlbvrVw&npsic=0&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=53548544,-1146468,159&tbm=lcl&rldimm=18386827479506815799&ved=0ahUKEwjkms2q-ojXAhUGVxoKHbDtBN4QvS4ITzAB&rldoc=1&tbs=lrf:!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:10

Dunno where you're at but here's DD Tyres. These guys did me a full set of Pilot Sport 4s's for 865 notes fitted. Took them about a week to source them all. Good guys, no frills or nonsense :thumbs:

Camskill have Ps4's as well, which I will be switching to when i need new tyres as I am our of warranty now :)

Camskill were the cheapest for me when I got mine the other month. Highly recommend them.

Ordered my PS4S from CamSkill yesterday in these sizes.. Shipping today. With me tomorrow.

PSS and PS4S - in the dry you wont be able to tell the difference. 4S last a teeny bit longer and bit better in the wet

Both miles better than any other tyre but barely a whisker between the two for the road

Thanks all. Need to improve my googling skills since you all found them so easily! Went with tyreleader in the end. Will be interested to see how big a jump they are from Pirelli P Zeros, particularly in the wet.

turv996 said:
Thanks all. Need to improve my googling skills since you all found them so easily! Went with tyreleader in the end. Will be interested to see how big a jump they are from Pirelli P Zeros, particularly in the wet.

PSS and PS4S are about a zillion times better than p zeros in all conditions

It will be like driving a different car

I run the pilot sport cup 2 on mine and there fantastic!

RJW1881 said:
I run the pilot sport cup 2 on mine and there fantastic!

Must be fun in the rain...which I'm told is prevalent in Ol'Blighty :)

There not as bad as people think in the rain, just have to drive according to the conditions. It applies both ways though and when it's dry they can really be exploited,

Set of PS4S for 997.1 Turbo from Camskill mail order is £821, you'd need to find a fitter (£25 a tyre?) or blackcircles shipped and fitted for £975 at one of their approved centres.

MJA911 said:
Set of PS4S for 997.1 Turbo from Camskill mail order is £821, you'd need to find a fitter (£25 a tyre?) or blackcircles shipped and fitted for £975 at one of their approved centres.

Spot Michael, thanks! I'll order from Camskill :thumb:

Now if only we knew someone near me who was able to fit a set of tyres...... :chin: :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back