Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Replaced the most expensive hose in the world

decgraham

Hi All,

I forgot to mention that I replaced the 2 pieces of 45mm long red hose (item 7) between the heat control box and the heat exchanger see attached. The new hose is not as thick as the old, it's about 1.5 mm as against 2 mm for the old original. By the way do not buy the longer hose (80 mm) you should find those hoses in perfect condition. I bought 2 pieces of the 80 mm and I don't need them :x £80 down the swanny. Such is life, I suppose I can use them if the short pieces get spoilt again...... twice!

Attachments

• rubber_tubes_905.jpg
    rubber_tubes_905.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 4,826
That's the stuff that looks like a recycled Fire Tender's hosepipe :oops: I think you can get 'alternative' stuff via a heating company that supplies flue ducting :dont know:

Needless to say it aint dog dick red so won't pass muster amongst Illuminati :roll:

those pipes are loose change compared to the pair of pressure tubes on the turbo!

Pipes

I have no clue how to link this eBay item on to this site but here is the item number for this particular heater hose...142505044082.
Priced at £2.65 per cm, half the price what Porsche charge.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back