Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT3 Carbon Bucket Seats

Boba fett

I have got a chance to buy a set of 997 GT3 Carbon Bucket seats.

I would like to know what are they like, are they comfortable, are they easy to get in and out of, will the wife moan etc..

I had an RS4 with the Recaro buckets and although looked lovely I had a love hate relationship with them as they where very unforgiving. The GT3's look better

Whats your thoughts guys :?: :?: :?:

Boba, the only thing to bear in mind is that there is no up down adjustment just forward backward , So you really need to sit in them to be sure its good for you height wise .

Sat in Lees at the weekend and they were surprisingly comfortable bit of a bitch to get out of the car as they are so low and the side very high and no room to twist in them. :thumb:

Phil, Lee has the folding bucket seats so could be different if they are the fixed version.

The folding ones are lovely and work really well imo. They can also be height adjustable I believe but not sure about heated.

Fixed carbon are a fair bit narrower but not umcomfortable although you can have a nicer seat for the same money if you go aftermarket though.

Phil 997 said:
Boba, the only thing to bear in mind is that there is no up down adjustment just forward backward , So you really need to sit in them to be sure its good for you height wise .

Sat in Lees at the weekend and they were surprisingly comfortable bit of a bitch to get out of the car as they are so low and the side very high and no room to twist in them. :thumb:

Thanks Phil, I have the seat in mine at the lowest setting as I am 6ft 2, so if they are low, that suits, but if they sit higher than the standard seat, I may struggle.

Fixed or folding?

My Gen 1 GT3 club sport was very comfortable although they can be tricky to get out of until you perfect your technique i.e twisting both legs out together rather than one at a time.

Height wise they were fine for me and my missus as the seat seems to ride higher as you slide the seat forward.

kas750 said:
Fixed or folding?

My Gen 1 GT3 club sport was very comfortable although they can be tricky to get out of until you perfect your technique i.e twisting both legs out together rather than one at a time.

Height wise they were fine for me and my missus as the seat seems to ride higher as you slide the seat forward.

They are the fixed version, although they must have a slight adjustment when fitting them in surely :?:

Boba fett said:
kas750 said:
Fixed or folding?

They are the fixed version, although they must have a slight adjustment when fitting them in surely :?:
The front and rear mount bolts each have two heigh settings, so there's a bit of adjustment but not something to change in a hurry.

My GT3 seats are the best I have experienced. Superior to the Recaro Pole Position seats I had in the 968 Club Sport.

The only downside I can relate to is the very high cost for new or second hand.

You should be convinced by trying before you buy.

I'd put the same seats in my 3.2 if I could find one or two at a reasonable price.

Cheers, Keith

Gen 1 are essentially the CGT seats. They are without airbags and cars from the factory actually have a different door card with a no door pockets and a lump of padded door card that fills the gap. Wether or not thats a safety design to compensate for the lack of an air bag im not sure 🤔

Just something to consider if your swapping from a regular sports seat. 'Powerfully built" types may find them a squeeze. I wedged myself in anyway... :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back