Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Opinions please 997 Aero

daz parker said:
I love the aero kit but I'm from a modified car background!

So am I but I don't like the aero. I think it looks *****.

Love the Aero kit, makes the car look like it should and far more aggressive.

Looks good with the aero. :thumb:

Just needs to be lowered and some 15mm spacers added to complete the look.

nigel99 said:

I was reliably informed your car will start handling like a supermarket trolley if you start lowering and widening.... I like the look but decided against it.

I was there looking at the Turbo PDK Cab. very nice clean cars they have!

looks nothing from the outside, I have aero on my current 997.1 cab looks a lot better than stock

Kev M said:
Spoke to Rob at AUV car has OPC service history 55,500 miles 5 owners

He said they will put the car through Porsche 111 check then I can apply for Porsche 2 year warranty £1800.

I love the aero look but not sure if it's a marmite thing and could affect resale.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201710130248631

Kev, I know the car it belonged to a forum member, who exchanged it for a different car. It's been very very well looked after and wants for nothing, all the carbon dipped stuff was done by Wicked coatings to a very high standard. The aero is original spec for the car. its a great example of a gen2 see if you can get a deal with a bit off . The car has only been on the market 3 days so if your interested I wouldn't hang around long . It was only sold as he fell for the other car so its not on the market due to any hidden issues. :thumb: I would get the 111 point check done and put a warranty on it and you going to have some fun in that car
:grin:

Norfolk & Idea said:
nigel99 said:

I was reliably informed your car will start handling like a supermarket trolley if you start lowering and widening.... I like the look but decided against it.

I've driven 6000 miles in mine since I did both of those with no noticeable difference to handling. It's only 3cm wider and 2cm lower after all.....

Both my gen1 and now my gen2 were lowered and widened stance no issues at all, handled better than stock. There's a good reason why high performance cars are low to the ground and its not about improved look. :thumb: :thumb:

Norfolk & Idea said:
nigel99 said:

Who told you that ?

[/quote] It's only 3cm wider and 2cm lower after all.....[/quote]

That's exactly what I countered with. Only to be told it knocks the geo out by quite a percentage.
Choices, choices. It's all part of the pleasure of ownership :thumbs:

Boba fett said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
nigel99 said:

Who told you that ?

I was talking to a chap who's involved in racing them at 911 Sport near Horncastle. He definitely knew his onions.

Norfolk & Idea said:
Boba fett said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
nigel99 said:

Who told you that ?

I was talking to a chap who's involved in racing them at 911 Sport near Horncastle. He definitely knew his onions.

Is he French then..!!

Of course it will knock the Geo out, that's obvious, you just have it redone GT2 style. Makes the car way better.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back