Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 997 C2S Owner

Craig180

Evening all,

Just dropping in to say hi as I'm about to pick up my very first 911.

After several months of searching (and many, many miles travelled), I eventually found the car I was looking for all along.

Initially I was in the market for a 996 C4S, but noticed prices were on the increase, and prices of the newer, more desirable 997s were just about levelling. So the hunt begun...

I wanted an S, wasn't bothered whether a 2 or 4, had to be manual, coupe, manual heated seats, non-sunroof, SC and had to be in excellent condition.

The problem was, most that I viewed were let down in more than one area, whether tatty interiors, lacking history files/receipts or just the wrong spec. Having upped my budget slightly I eventually found my 2008 C2S in Slate Grey.

The spec was everything I wanted. Condition superb. Interior mint. Stack of receipts. Low miles. Low owners. Full OPC history with the last service bill including items such as rads and condenser pipes, as well as new discs and pads all round, tyres all round and full mechanical service, totalling over £6000.

A deal was done, my plates assigned and just about to pick it up to enjoy, cherish and be very proud of myself for fulfilling a childhood dream of one day owning my own 911!

Anyway, lots of (subtle) plans for this but for now here's a pic:

Attachments

• 51113e7b_b19e_4cbb_a761_c78303fd1d7d_828.jpeg
    51113e7b_b19e_4cbb_a761_c78303fd1d7d_828.jpeg
    268.8 KB · Views: 5,305
Congratulations, nice choice : :thumb:

Enjoy, make sure you drive it like you stole it, it's what they are ment for hehehe.. just joking....

J

This will be getting used as an occasional daily but mainly for Euro road trips.

That looks lovely, congrats! :thumb:

Welcome to the forums.

James

Nice colour slate grey has some interesting tones in it when highly polished. :thumb:

Congratulations!

I'm only a week infront of you as I picked mine up last week.

daz parker said:
Congratulations!

Did I see in another thread that you also have a Mk1 Golf?

I have a fully rebuilt custom GTi Clipper as well as a few other toys.

Smashing car & colour combo, keep her polished now Craig :thumb:

Craig180 said:
daz parker said:
Congratulations!

Did I see in another thread that you also have a Mk1 Golf?

I have a fully rebuilt custom GTi Clipper as well as a few other toys.

Yes that's right it's a full shell rebuilt mk1 golf 20vt running 260bhp at the moment.

I've just sold my fully customised t5 I'd done full spec on that too and sold my motorbike too. :sad:

Attachments

• img_4616_645.jpg
    img_4616_645.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5,168
  • img_4714_173.png
    img_4714_173.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 5,168
Craig180 said:
This will be getting used as an occasional daily but mainly for Euro road trips.

Euro road trips are when these cars really come alive. :thumbs:

ps. :welcome: to 911uk and to 911 ownership.

CHeers for the warm welcome guys.

I'll keep you posted on updates. Realistically though they'll be quite boring...

Headunit update (either Denisonlink or Alpine CarPlay unit with reverse cam), carbon air intake and possibly even a ducktail.

I have it booked in for a detail and PPF and might add some classic Porsche stripes to the sides.

Welcome and looks like a very straight example.....look forward to some write ups on the mods?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back