Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WANTED: 996 Carrera 2, Manual, Aerokit

is1

Hi all

I'm looking to get into a 996 Carrera 2, manual with aerokit.
I would prefer:
- a gen 1 (but would consider a gen 2)
- non-sunroof; and
- a dark interior.

Anyone know of one or looking to move theirs on?
I am looking at Pistonheads, Auto Trader and eBay(!) so don't really need those linked.

Thanks in advance.

Still looking.
The market seems quiet at the moment.

Hi is,

Although some would say your list isn't greedy in what you're after, non-sunroof wipes out a massive percentage of an already tiny pool of cars.

Interior again will limit things and when coupled to non sunroof, you're in for some search.

I've owned my car for almost two years and would have loved a black/black non sunroof with Aerokit but it was a hard search even then.

I ended up buying a black/grey non Aerokit car with sunroof. I have the kit and wheels to go on and I doubt I notice the extra weight from the sunroof given it's a road car and never driven 10/10ths. So I'll end up with pretty much what I wanted.

Also black interior is nice but I'd rather have grey than metropole blue as the blue looks a bit dated. Just my opinion with you mentioning dark interior.

Back to my point though, consider ANY nice straight C2 manual as they are hard enough to find anyway.

Good luck. :thumb:

Thanks Mark.

It seems your analysis is spot on as I haven't seen anything that ticks the boxes in 6 months. The last one was a silver car at a Glasgow-based independent which, if available now, I'd be all over!

I'm sure there used to be more available - it may just be the lead-in to Christmas(?). I'm in no great rush as I have my Integra DC2 to keep me entertained, which is a bit like a GT3-lite.

Are you in Scotland?

I enquired about one in Scotland in Jan 2016 before finding one locally. I had not noticed that it had been marketed since so it might still be with the same owner and perhaps available.

Silver 3.4, non-sunroof, metropole blue interior, aerokit. It was just under 66k then.

Let me know if that might suit you and I'll drop the chap a line and put you in touch with him.

Thanks everyone.

Y2K - I'm in Solihull in the Midlands but happy to go anywhere in the UK to get one (looks like I might need to). If you can message/contact the owner, I'm happy to take it from there if (s)he still has it.

crash7 - I know what you mean about cyclical. It's the classic situation of you'll look for 6 months for one, buy the first one and then a glut of them go up for sale. It always happens, it's part of life.

Re the one linked, I do like that and saw it a few weeks ago on eBay but then it disappeared. Do we know anything about them? Anyone on here have any experience of them? The price is toppy given the mileage (100K being a psychological barrier for some, not me I might add).

Thanks again.

Re the yellow one linked, I have a couple of questions/observations perhaps you can help me with:

1. Should the lower (rear) spoiler blade not have a slim "gurney" strip?; and
2. Given that the aerokit option code doesn't appear on the sticker/VIN plate, could it be that the aerokit has been retrofitted and/or is non-genuine? That's not the impression the ad gives.

Thanks again.

Mine has the strip but I have seen others that do not, it is a separate piece and has a separate part number from the boot lid so could have been removed.

You can confirm if the boot lid is legit by looking for the part number that is stamped clearly on it. - It will also say 'Made in France'

There is a lot of conjecture out there in relation to aero kits, some cars have the code on the sticker, others have the 09981 and/or 09991 codes which indicates exclusive options which some state means the car was removed from the main production line for items to be added, aero kit as an example.

To add further confusion some kits were also dealer fitted from new.

It's a mine field, my take, provided the aero kit is legit Porsche, it makes little difference.

There is lots of info on this, try a search, there are many whom are more knowledgable than I on the topic.

Once again, thanks everyone.

Harv, I've seen that one. I know what you mean about the interior against silver but I'm looking for a "forever car" to sit alongside my Integra, so would rather a dark interior.

Jonny
Thanks. I saw that one advertised a while back and then it disappeared. Not clear from the pictures whether it's a sunroof model or what the condition of the interior is like. I'll keep this one in mind.

Carreras that came with the Aerokit often (if not always) don't have the gurney strip. GT3s always had it. It's easy to add. £60 for a replica, double that for genuine part.

I'm 99.9% sure that the Aerokit on the yellow one wasn't factory fitted.
That seller always says factory fitted, yet the red one they had in had mk2 skirts that weren't out when the mk1 he was selling was registered.

You can tell the yellow one wasn't factory fitted as the front bumper has the centre hole. It's a GT3 bumper as they have a centre rad.

Factory Carrera Aerokits have the shape of that centre aperture moulded into the bumper but not cut out, hence it would be yellow in the centre area, not open.

Take that sellers info with a pinch of salt. :wink:

Cool cars the integras. I had an EP3 Civic type R once. Good fun. :thumb:

I was looking for the same thing earlier this year. Not many around and lots of pups. In the end I went for a C4 rather than a C2 as it ticked all my other boxes - full aerokit, Sport Design wheels, black interior, low mileage (46.5k), non sunroof, excellent service history with lots of bills and an unusual but lovely (Zanzibar) colour.

I would suggest that you will have to compromise on something, otherwise you won't find the right car.

In terms of factory fitted aerokits - my car was a GT3 replica ordered by Porsche GB for the 996 GT3 launch at the end of 2000 and it has no aerokit option code but does have the 09991 option code. Also, some cars have the centre "vent" painted black so it just looks like a vent.

Finally you will need a budget of £20k plus to get a decent aerokitted 996 that doesn't need a lot of work doing. As always, buy the best you can.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back