Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 24
997 : 2004- 90
996 : 1997-2005 39
993 : 1993-1998 6
964 : 1989-1993 3
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 3
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 15
Cayman : 2005- 10
Cayenne : 2003- 6
Macan : 2014- 0
Panamera : 2009- 1
912-914-924-928-944-968 0
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

is1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: WANTED: 996 Carrera 2, Manual, Aerokit Reply with quote

Hi all

I'm looking to get into a 996 Carrera 2, manual with aerokit.
I would prefer:
- a gen 1 (but would consider a gen 2)
- non-sunroof; and
- a dark interior.

Anyone know of one or looking to move theirs on?
I am looking at Pistonheads, Auto Trader and eBay(!) so don't really need those linked.

Thanks in advance.

is1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still looking.
The market seems quiet at the moment.

Marky911
Kyalami

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi is,

Although some would say your list isn't greedy in what you're after, non-sunroof wipes out a massive percentage of an already tiny pool of cars.

Interior again will limit things and when coupled to non sunroof, you're in for some search.

I've owned my car for almost two years and would have loved a black/black non sunroof with Aerokit but it was a hard search even then.

I ended up buying a black/grey non Aerokit car with sunroof. I have the kit and wheels to go on and I doubt I notice the extra weight from the sunroof given it's a road car and never driven 10/10ths. So I'll end up with pretty much what I wanted.

Also black interior is nice but I'd rather have grey than metropole blue as the blue looks a bit dated. Just my opinion with you mentioning dark interior.

Back to my point though, consider ANY nice straight C2 manual as they are hard enough to find anyway.

Good luck. Thumb

is1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark.

It seems your analysis is spot on as I haven't seen anything that ticks the boxes in 6 months. The last one was a silver car at a Glasgow-based independent which, if available now, I'd be all over!

I'm sure there used to be more available - it may just be the lead-in to Christmas(?). I'm in no great rush as I have my Integra DC2 to keep me entertained, which is a bit like a GT3-lite.

Y2K
Spa-Francorchamps

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you in Scotland?

I enquired about one in Scotland in Jan 2016 before finding one locally. I had not noticed that it had been marketed since so it might still be with the same owner and perhaps available.

Silver 3.4, non-sunroof, metropole blue interior, aerokit. It was just under 66k then.

Let me know if that might suit you and I’ll drop the chap a line and put you in touch with him.

crash7
Nürburgring

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How deep are your pockets? These guys seem to get a lot of aero cars, however they are pricey!!

https://www.friendsgreenporsche.com/product-page/porsche-911-996-carrera-manual-aero-kit-m030-limited-slip-diff

I picked up a C2 Aero non-sunroof manual around a year ago, pickings were slim at the time, however it does seem to be cyclic in that there are none, then there are 3, stick with it!

is1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone.

Y2K - I'm in Solihull in the Midlands but happy to go anywhere in the UK to get one (looks like I might need to). If you can message/contact the owner, I'm happy to take it from there if (s)he still has it.

crash7 - I know what you mean about cyclical. It's the classic situation of you'll look for 6 months for one, buy the first one and then a glut of them go up for sale. It always happens, it's part of life.

Re the one linked, I do like that and saw it a few weeks ago on eBay but then it disappeared. Do we know anything about them? Anyone on here have any experience of them? The price is toppy given the mileage (100K being a psychological barrier for some, not me I might add).

Thanks again.

crash7
Nürburgring

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know nothing of the dealer but around spring/summer they had at various points 996.1 aero manuals in silver, black, red and then the yellow, which is the only one that is unsold.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=122807&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=yellow&start=0

In my eyes it's over priced, however it been for sale for a while and their may be a deal to be done. Question

is1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re the yellow one linked, I have a couple of questions/observations perhaps you can help me with:

1. Should the lower (rear) spoiler blade not have a slim "gurney" strip?; and
2. Given that the aerokit option code doesn't appear on the sticker/VIN plate, could it be that the aerokit has been retrofitted and/or is non-genuine? That's not the impression the ad gives.

Thanks again.

Harv
Suzuka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go, just 52k on the clock, 2 previous owners and I think it's a non sunroof.

Rare cars to find, I personally like this interior against silver Thumb

https://www.qualitycarstoday.co.uk/porsche-911-996-carrera-2-manual-gt3-aerokit-2-former-keepers-fsh-in-sheffield-6234158

crash7
Nürburgring

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has the strip but I have seen others that do not, it is a separate piece and has a separate part number from the boot lid so could have been removed.

You can confirm if the boot lid is legit by looking for the part number that is stamped clearly on it. - It will also say 'Made in France'

There is a lot of conjecture out there in relation to aero kits, some cars have the code on the sticker, others have the 09981 and/or 09991 codes which indicates exclusive options which some state means the car was removed from the main production line for items to be added, aero kit as an example.

To add further confusion some kits were also dealer fitted from new.

It's a mine field, my take, provided the aero kit is legit Porsche, it makes little difference.

There is lots of info on this, try a search, there are many whom are more knowledgable than I on the topic.

Jonny996
Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://davidphillipscarsales.co.uk/vehicle/porsche-996-c2/
not the best pictures or discription I grant you but this is the guy I got mine from & have used for servicing for past 11 years, if you can strech to the price I would encourage you to give him a call for a chat, very honest guy.

is1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, thanks everyone.

Harv, I've seen that one. I know what you mean about the interior against silver but I'm looking for a "forever car" to sit alongside my Integra, so would rather a dark interior.

Jonny
Thanks. I saw that one advertised a while back and then it disappeared. Not clear from the pictures whether it's a sunroof model or what the condition of the interior is like. I'll keep this one in mind.

Marky911
Kyalami

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carreras that came with the Aerokit often (if not always) don't have the gurney strip. GT3s always had it. It's easy to add. £60 for a replica, double that for genuine part.

I'm 99.9% sure that the Aerokit on the yellow one wasn't factory fitted.
That seller always says factory fitted, yet the red one they had in had mk2 skirts that weren't out when the mk1 he was selling was registered.

You can tell the yellow one wasn't factory fitted as the front bumper has the centre hole. It's a GT3 bumper as they have a centre rad.

Factory Carrera Aerokits have the shape of that centre aperture moulded into the bumper but not cut out, hence it would be yellow in the centre area, not open.

Take that sellers info with a pinch of salt. Wink

Cool cars the integras. I had an EP3 Civic type R once. Good fun. Thumb

Fastlane
Spa-Francorchamps

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking for the same thing earlier this year. Not many around and lots of pups. In the end I went for a C4 rather than a C2 as it ticked all my other boxes - full aerokit, Sport Design wheels, black interior, low mileage (46.5k), non sunroof, excellent service history with lots of bills and an unusual but lovely (Zanzibar) colour.

I would suggest that you will have to compromise on something, otherwise you won't find the right car.

In terms of factory fitted aerokits - my car was a GT3 replica ordered by Porsche GB for the 996 GT3 launch at the end of 2000 and it has no aerokit option code but does have the 09991 option code. Also, some cars have the centre "vent" painted black so it just looks like a vent.

Finally you will need a budget of £20k plus to get a decent aerokitted 996 that doesn't need a lot of work doing. As always, buy the best you can.
1992 Zermatt Silver 964 turbo
1991 Midnight Blue 964 turbo
1994 Guards Red 968 Sport
1987 Baltic Blue 928 S4 auto

is1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone.

Mark - interesting trivia on Aerokits, very useful.

Fastlane - it has to be a Carrera 2 - that's non-negotiable but I agree that I may have to compromise.

I'm going to sit it out and see what happens, particularly re my comment above about a glut of them turning up just after you buy one.

I'm going to try to cheat fate by waiting long enough!

Y2K
Spa-Francorchamps

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard back from the Scottish chap, unfortunately his car was sold last year.

I have a DC2 also but it’s a bit rusty and pink. Laughing Great driver’s car though.

Best of luck with your search.

is1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Y2K.

I'm aiming for the same 2-car garage as you!
My UK DC2 is starlight(?) black. I have a JDM98 manifold and 12" cat but otherwise standard - just as they should be.

They are indeed wonderful. You look at modern cars and wonder how the Integra ever got approved for production - so focused. There must have been some great folks at Honda at the time.

I've had a few interesting driver's cars - Evo VI TME, Clio 182 Trophy, older Golfs, MINI Cooper JCW and more but the Integra's the one I've held on to.
I'm into my 5th year with it.

Just need a driver's 911 to add to it.

Y2K
Spa-Francorchamps

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great minds think alike.......

Have had my UKDM since 2011, similar to you the only mods are JDM manifold, JDM cat, s/s brake hoses. These cars are so capable, reliable and track-ready ‘out of the box’.

The LSD is amazing. After all these years I still remember my first experience of its LSD magic!

Very nice car history. When I was looking at Integras, Clio Trophy was on my short list also, but they were close to 50% dearer than Integras then. Love EVO TME too, but they are silly money now.

Cheers!

is1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this next post could have been an "I bought one" but unfortunately not.
However, despite the essay below, I thought it worth relaying my experience of the last couple of days for a couple of reasons.

On Thursday, I went up to Southport to see a silver aerokitted car - an almost 300-mile round trip. I took the day off work to view it and arrived at 10 am and by 11 am, had agreed a sale and left a deposit. The seller (a trader but not a trader - you know what I mean) agreed that I would pick the car up on Saturday morning as I was in London on Friday with the family.

I returned home (naturally pleased that the effort had been worth it), rang my insurer to tee up a Saturday call, checked the bank's electronic transfer limit etc. and sent the seller a message to say all was good for 10.30 on Saturday. The same afternoon, the seller calls and says he was sorry but while he was out on work-related business, his very elderly father had become quite entrepreneurial and sold the car to someone else and let him drive off in it (LOL). I struggled with this explanation as on the Wednesday, the day before the viewing, I rung the seller's home number and his father answered and did not suggest he was capable of or interested in entertaining a viewing but just saying it's my son's car, he'll be back later. Also, the seller's wife had written my receipt out and she might have noticed a car that she sold earlier in the day being sold to someone else.

I was speechless (pretty much literally) and just said return the deposit. Presumably, he'd allowed a second viewing and used my "sale" to get a higher price. So, not a great start to the search for a Porsche - I've never had this sort of thing happen before, maybe I've been lucky in the past.

I should also mention that this was the Silverstone auction NEC car (R34 ???). The car was very tidy (it had clearly been detailed, which makes a massive difference and some paint - the front bumper was unmarked) but there were a couple of noteworthy points:

- a massive hole in the history, it had covered around 3,000 miles in the last 10 years or so but no history beyond 2009;
- the clocks had been changed and therefore the mileage went from 67K to around 29K. The explanation for this was that a used set of clocks were used and the mileage on those was 29K and there was a handwritten note (how convenient) on the service book to that effect.

I'm after a keeper so was willing to ignore/overlook those issues (others might not have done although clearly one other person was willing to buy it but not sure what they know of its history!).

That's all folks - a strange experience.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: