Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gundo Hack 997.2 in NW

FZP

Anyone up this way done the hack? After hearing a Boxster with PRE go past the other day pop and crackle, it made me long for a better noise. Before I go and get it done I'd like to hear it first.
I'm pondering a number of next moves in the p car stakes that go from buying a 997 convertible to add, turn mine into a proper 997.2R with centre locks and all the other kit, right through to s GT3 or GT3RS.
If the Gundo doesn't make that big of a difference, then I don't want to do anything that I can't reverse quickly and easily should I want to trade in mine on another car.
If anyone is Cheshire/ South Manc based, if love to hear what it sounds like. My currency is beer or two :cheers:

Have you already done the haywood and scott rear muffler delete mate :thumb:

Half way there. Am waiting on another forum member who is taking his off to collect his back from his Indy.

I started with just a Gundo mod, but it wasn't as loud as my old 996.2 so I fitted a fabspeed x-pipe and it's sooo much better.

Never sounds as good on a computer as in real life, but here you go.

Thanks mate. I think I've seen every gundo/crossover video that's ever been made and they all have different sounds according to microphone and diameter pipe used for the Gundo.
On a long drive at motorway speeds, does it get too much or is there a certain rev range that it starts to come alive. These are some of the things that would concern me before chopping a perfectly good exhaust up

Although it's on all the time, The real noise kicks in just before 4K- then peoples heads turn.

On a motorway with the windows shut you cant hear it at all.

Over the years I've driven 35K with a gundo and still have most of my hearing... lol.
Seriously though it's absolutely fine. Quiet enough in town so you dont sound like a twat with a Corsa, and loud enough to make you do a couple of u-turns so you can go through tunnels again.

Ok thanks for that Les, good to know. What size pipe did you use.1.5" or 2"

According to Paul from http://www.exhaustmods.co.uk

The difference in the 1.5, 1.75 & 2 is not volume but tone, and he recommended the 1.5.

Apparently the larger diamiter pipes sound like a wet fart at lower rpm.

Ok cool. No slops for me. Hopefully picking up a sharkwerks pipe this weekend if all goes well.

FZP said:
Half way there. Am waiting on another forum member who is taking his off to collect his back from his Indy.

:thumb: Look forward to hearing how yours turns out mate :grin:

Will do. Between you and Esysman, you are both very bad influences on this forum and making my man maths calculator work overtime. :floor:

FZP said:
Will do. Between you and Esysman, you are both very bad influences on this forum and making my man maths calculator work overtime. :floor:

:floor: :floor: well I am glad Isys is sharing the blame this time :grin:

Update
So the man maths calculator was working overtime last night as I managed to find on fleabay a set of Tubi cans and cross over pipe from a chap who sold his car. It pays to scroll through the dribble of ads on fleabay as it was a million adverts down. After some backwards and forwards, we finally got sorted.
What with a Gundo Hack and the cost of procuring a set of cross over pipe, worked out a £100 more, plus I'm left with the virgin and original kit that I can bolt straight on should I want to or need to. They look in really good shape too which is a bonus.
I know that youtube doesn't give the true sound, but I'm comfortable that they're going to be what I'm looking to achieve after watching several.
Can't wait until tomorrow to see what state the bolts are in, hopefully I can remove them without the drama of snapped bolts etc.
Shall report back once installed.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron2325
Back