Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

'Leccy problem

Ghost

I appreciate it is difficult to diagnose an electrical problem online but a clue where to start looking would be a first step.

Discovered the other night that when the headlights are on, the offside front and rear sidelights don't work. If the sidelights are set to on by themselves though, both sides front and back work.

I have been running led bulbs in the front sidelights and these were suspected as being a possible cause, but the problem persists with standard bulbs.

Any ideas? :dont know:

I recently replaced the headlight switch in mine as it had poor connections and if you touched it whilst on you could put out the lights completely, or when on sidelights the interior warning light would flicker.

The switch has seemingly all the lighting circuits wired back to it (well the number of connections suggest it does, ive not checked a schematic).

Once replaced no more silly light behaviour.

Try wiggling the switch whilst the lights are on and see if you get them coming on or going out.

Could be a 'shot in the dark' but it's where I would probably start.

Cheers :thumb: Will have a wiggle of my knob and see if it makes a difference. Or makes the lights come on! :D

Try removing each bulb one at a time and checking whether it makes a difference. You may be able to identify if the problem is being caused by a bad connection in one light.

I had a recent issue where side lights were coming on when I applied the brakes. Turned out to be a a bad connection in the brake light which was fixed by a new bulb even though the existing one appear ok.

Have had a similar issues with a another older classic car in the past and has always been down to a bad bulb or corroded contact needed cleaning up to ensure a good connection.

Richh993 said:
Try removing each bulb one at a time and checking whether it makes a difference. You may be able to identify if the problem is being caused by a bad connection in one light.

I had a recent issue where side lights were coming on when I applied the brakes. Turned out to be a a bad connection in the brake light which was fixed by a new bulb even though the existing one appear ok.

Have had a similar issues with a another older classic car in the past and has always been down to a bad bulb or corroded contact needed cleaning up to ensure a good connection.

:yeah: I`d check that all the earths are nice/clean and secure first, also what voltage you have at the sidelights with the main beam turned on and off :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back