Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

fuel

jhb

Hi - I've just purchased a 2008 997carrera S - I'm sure it's been on here thousands of times - but what's everyone's thoughts/advice as to what petrol to treat it to?

Hi its personal preference but engines are designed to use higher octane but no problem with using normal fuel either...at a guess:-

60% use Shell v-power

15% use Tesco momentum or other high octane version

25% use any old petrol with the odd treat of v-power when feeling flush

I use v-power but just because i always have and if stuck I happily would use normal petrol

V Power or Tesco Momentum have been proven to be the best. Shell first, tesco a close second, then anything else.

I use either, and if I can't find either then any other super unleaded, with non super being a "oh jesus I need fuel and I'm in the middle of nowhere" type of thing.

There is a huge thread on this, search for it!

Shell Vpower every time for me , If I get caught out I will just put enough high octane from any where except supermarket just enough to get me home or to a nearby shell. I have heard tesco momentum is ok but I just dont want to use supermaket fuel. supermarkets sell Food thats what they are good at. :thumb:

Esso Blue, failing that you could try pink paraffin.

Shell. In my ownership it's never seen anything else

An engine expert once told me 'put the best available in"

V power for me.

jhb said:
Hi - I've just purchased a 2008 997carrera S - I'm sure it's been on here thousands of times - but what's everyone's thoughts/advice as to what petrol to treat it to?

You bought a 911 and this is your first post!? :hand:

Come on... you know what you must do asap!

:useless:

:popcorn:

TonyC911 said:
jhb said:

You bought a 911 and this is your first post!? :hand:

Come on... you know what you must do asap!

:useless:

:popcorn:

well spotted Tony, jhb trying to sneak past without pics :floor: :useless: :useless: :thumb:

I can't tell the difference between Tesco momentum, and Costco 99ron. (Apparently they are both supplied by Greenergy, but may have different additives).

I sometimes use Shell vmax but i'm A Yorkshireman, so generally use Costco or Tesco (also I rarely go past my nearest Shell).

Welcome to the forum, and some pics please!

James

:thumb:

Must admit I have never used Tesco Momentum so can't comment, I always use Shell V Max, used BP once and the engine ran as rough as a badgers ar$ehole, might have been a bad batch but worried me enough so I now fill up at a Shell garage well before I need to. :eek:

Thanks for the posts, VMax it is (no Tesco's nearby) - no pics yet - awaiting delivery!

Mine was moderately tuned with Shell VPower/max or whatever it's called. On the odd occasion I've had to use other stuff, it 'hiccups' on tick over.
So it's Shell VPower from me....

Shell V-Power 99% of the time.

Only use anything else i.e. lower grade if really stuck in the middle of nowhere.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back