Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Build date/birthday?

pierrebear

Hi guys. How does one find out when one's car was built (rather than registered?) My car was registered on 1/8/1995 but I am curious!

pierrebear said:
Hi guys. How does one find out when one's car was built (rather than registered?) My car was registered on 1/8/1995 but I am curious!

Porsche certificate :thumb:

Thanks, wozy. Tried that already and sadly PCGB are not issuing any further Certificates of Authenticity until at least the new year. I just wondered whether there was any other way of working it out?

wozy said:
pierrebear said:

Am I missing something here... Why would anyone need a "Porsche Certificate"...?

C.

cableguy said:
wozy said:
pierrebear said:

Am I missing something here... Why would anyone need a "Porsche Certificate"...?

C.

It tells you the original detials of the car, dates, colour , dealer sold etc, and also the original options, so you can tell what if anything has been added or removed.
J

I originally believed my car to be a Jan '95 car based on its registration date but found documents that came with it indicating it was delivered to Porsche Reading in early Dec '94.

Some of the plastic components removed from the car show an Oct '94 date stamp IIRC.

jhrfc said:
cableguy said:
wozy said:
pierrebear said:

C.

It tells you the original detials of the car, dates, colour , dealer sold etc, and also the original options, so you can tell what if anything has been added or removed.
J

Thanks but i'm still none the wiser. My bonnet sticker and colour code sticker in the frunk give me the option details and factory colour. My Documents give me the Dealer info.

This is obviously just another example of the classic Porsche market gone mad and everyone following suit and jumping on the bandwagon! :wtf:

C.

cableguy said:
jhrfc said:
cableguy said:
wozy said:
pierrebear said:

C.

J

Thanks but i'm still none the wiser. My bonnet sticker and colour code sticker in the frunk give me the option details and factory colour. My Documents give me the Dealer info.

This is obviously just another example of the classic Porsche market gone mad and everyone following suit and jumping on the bandwagon! :wtf:

C.

The fella is just interested in the build date of his car. ...... I can't see an issue with this, it's a kinda nice thing to know imo.

wozy said:
cableguy said:
jhrfc said:
cableguy said:
wozy said:
pierrebear said:

C.

J

C.

The fella is just interested in the build date of his car. ...... I can't see an issue with this, it's a kinda nice thing to know imo.

Agreed - I just want another excuse for a birthday party! :thumb:

cableguy said:
jhrfc said:
cableguy said:
wozy said:
pierrebear said:

C.

J

C.
It is 'free' with PCGB membership, no I wouldn't pay £70 for one. but if people want to then it's up to them.

You get get more than one certificate with PCGB membership, handy for a multiple owner.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mint_Sauce
Back