Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Poly belt and tensioner/pulleys

MMT

Monza
My 99 996 C4 has recently started to whir which I suspect is one of the pulley bearings.
I'm thinking it's probably best to replace all three pulleys and the belt while I'm at it.
Eurocarparts are £180 for the lot inless they have another flash 50% discount code this weekend.
The pulleys are listed one as Sebro and the other two OE quality and the belt is a Conti.
Are these any good or should I be looking elsewhere.
Thanks

look at replacing the bearings rather than the pulleys, much cheaper. There are threads on here.

maldren said:
look at replacing the bearings rather than the pulleys, much cheaper. There are threads on here.

Thanks
I saw Markys thread where he covers it, I think he paid about £18/bearing. I've read some threads where they've just used a 3202 2RS which I could get for about £10.
Thinking about it, it probably is the way to go. 👍🏼

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back