Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1st world decision problem

markj113

After some very profitable crypto currency trading I am now in a position to splurge on a dream car.

Max budget £145k

Options :

1) Mclaren 650s
2) Ferrari F430
3) lamborghini gallardo superleggera
4) Ferrari 458 (bottom of the market at a push)

Edging towards option 1.

Not overly worried about running costs and will be keeping my 911 as a daily driver.

Which would you opt for?

How do you become a crypto currency trader?

Plenty of research on upcoming releases and technological advances. Buy low sell high lol.

Made around 4000% profit on Iota and a few hundred % on komodo.

Convert them to bitcoin on various exchanges like bittrex and bitfinex then sell the bitcoin for £s on localbitcoins.

For me, it would have to be one of the Italians and definitely no turbo so the McLaren wouldn't make my list.

I'd try as hard as I could to get the 458, but if not I'd console myself with the screaming V10 of the Lambo.

Nice dilemma to have. :thumb:

classic sports car for me if you got a 911 for a daily simples
air cooled porker,sl merc,e type jag etc etc and won't loose a ***** load of wedge either,brother in law took a 70k hit in his three year ownership of his aston martin vantage s

Congrats on the success, stretch the budget, trade a little longer :?:

F430 Scud! :D

Option 1....wonderful choice to have but the McLaren is just so special in my view. The rest are just great cars. :)

I'd take the Italian, but then I'm biased. The McLaren is nice but dealer network for servicing is sparse. Much better dealer network for the Ferrari and Lamborghini.

Not sure of residuals for McLaren. Definitely strong for the Italian cats on your list - look at how well prices are holding up for the F430.

Sounds like a 1st class problem :)
I'd take the McLaren if it was my choice.

If you've never had a ferrari you've got to scratch that itch at least once but IMHO the overall ownership experience is not as pleasant as with other super cars i.e. The general reaction from joe public is more hostile overall when your sat behind the wheel of one, it always takes some of the pleasure away but I did over 30k in one so it was more or less a daily for a while and any car loses its "specialness" after a while.

The Mac build quality is getting better (the first gen cars was pretty bad), Lambo's have too many audi logos on the parts and are the most compromised in the real world out of the options you've listed.

The scud was a good shout above though and you total cost of ownership would likely be lower :thumb:

my friend has a 650S and has budgeted for circa £20k pa depreciation across 3 years. its a lovely car, but not £60k in 3 yrs lovely. he paid £180k for his with low miles.
given £145k budget i'd be trying to get something unique/special but also thats not burning money if at all poss in depreciation.

nice problem to juggle tho!

A Turbo S? Would be a better car than all the others 😎

James Watts the '21yr old earning £30k a month' on PH who 'allegedly' makes a stack from Forex trading runs a Lambo so I'd avoid this make at all costs as the guy sounds to be a complete chopper. I'm not sure his 'maths' add up. Sounds like bag of a fag packet strategy :roll:

I'd take the Mac as a car, rather than the burger which he likes living the high-life :floor:

F458 Italia, in black. One was behind me yesterday - looked and sounded epic.

And to Jon's point, I doubt whether it will attract nearly as much negative attention as a red one.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back