Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How to accept payment..

mr gill

Monza
So the time is approaching to put my beloved c4s up for sale.... I don't think I will be part ex'ing it due to the trade price dealers will offer. My question is what is the best and safest way to accept payment? Should I insist cash and pay it I to my bank there and then? Will that be full proof?
Any advice welcome!

cash, bank transfer prior to purchase allow time for it to fully clear before releasing the car. or bankers draft are the only 100% way
note you will get asked by the bank where it came from when you try and pay a lump of cash into them . its their money laundering regs. :thumb:

paypal wont allow large sums to be paid so thats out.

I though bank transfers and bankers draft can be reversed?

Personally I'd be happy with either a direct bank transfer on the day (you would have their bank details if something went wrong) or a big sack of cash. Preference would be bank transfer of course.

bankers draft is as good as cash but most banks charge £25 for one so some are reluctant to pay that way. , bank transfer potentially can be reversed which is why I said prior to pick up to ensure its cleared. :thumb:

Direct BACS transfer is as good as cash. Once in your account it cannot be reclaimed. If purchaser pre-credits your account with a nominal fee the full payment transfer will be instantaneous, even outside banking hours. Checked and did this with a recent sale. I then moved the deposit on to another account immediately just to be sure it could be recovered.

Check with your own bank that this applies. May not with non-clearing banks. Confirm the deposit on the phone and move it on before parting with the car.

It's easy and stress free. GLWTS

imac said:
Direct BACS transfer is as good as cash. Once in your account it cannot be reclaimed. If purchaser pre-credits your account with a nominal fee the full payment transfer will be instantaneous, even outside banking hours. Checked and did this with a recent sale. I then moved the deposit on to another account immediately just to be sure it could be recovered.

Exactly what I did when I sold my S4, moved the money to another account online once the money dropped into my main account then handed the keys over, took 10 minute.

mr gill said:
So the time is approaching to put my beloved c4s up for sale.... I don't think I will be part ex'ing it due to the trade price dealers will offer. My question is what is the best and safest way to accept payment? Should I insist cash and pay it I to my bank there and then? Will that be full proof?
Any advice welcome!

Sir,

I'd be delighted to be at your service and offer you a 100% satisfactory solution. I will provide you an intermediary account which is 100% secure. Once your buyer has transferred the fund to the intermediary account, I will send you the confirmation. I will also deliver the car to your buyer free of charge. You will be receiving a pm shortly with instructions.

Best,
Prince Yahya Kadar

Y2K said:
mr gill said:
Any advice welcome!

Sir,

I'd be delighted to be at your service and offer you a 100% satisfactory solution. I will provide you an intermediary account which is 100% secure. Once your buyer has transferred the fund to the intermediary account, I will send you the confirmation. I will also deliver the car to your buyer free of charge. You will be receiving a pm shortly with instructions.

Best,
Prince Yahya Kadar

Sounds legit!

Avoid bankers draft at all costs. Too many stolen and forged ones out there. :bandit:

Y2K said:
mr gill said:
Any advice welcome!

Sir,

Best,
Prince Yahya Kadar

:floor: :floor: love it. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Y2K said:
mr gill said:
Any advice welcome!

Sir,

Best,
Prince Yahya Kadar

:floor: :floor: love it. :thumb:

Missed off the country, has to Nigeria lol.

Op note that the clearing process for Bacs and cheques is 5 working days. If there is any irregularity in that time, the funds can be sucked back out if your account. Irrespective whether you have moved the funds on. A legit buyer will not mind waiting 5 days for their car.
Rick

More than £20k is not easy, most bank's faster transfer systems are capped at 20k per day so you may need payments over 2 days.

The bank can use CHAPS for you but they will charge....

I used multiple faster payments, my bank limits them at 10k but will allow multiple transfers below that amount!! So able to pay just inder 30k in less than 5 mins into sellers account

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back