Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help Needed on Fitting Paddle Shifters to my Turbo Tip

As the thread title says, I'm looking to fit paddles to my 997 turbo tip. I had this mod on my 996 turbo and loved it. Hence why I'd like it again.

I've bought the AMG paddles, a manual 997 GT3 wheel and sourced the correct airbag. But.....the work on this on my 996 turbo was carried out by Medicus. Sadly he has departed these shores and I've lost his email. So can anyone either let me know someone who can do the mod for a decent price, or provide some advice on how I can do this myself? :?:

:thumbs:

New997buyer said:
Medicus. Sadly he has departed these shores and I've lost his email.

Can you not pm him on here? That will email him.

I think I read that it's much more complicated to do on a 997 than the 996 :?:

Just watched this video and in the comments there's a few saying it's impossible with a gen 1:

I think the poster is asking about how to put the AMG paddles on the back of a 997.1 wheel?

If so, I did this and it isn't so hard. There really severall posts including the wiring detail in the forum. If you search under my name you will find a couple with detailed instructions.

Important to note is that with the 996 wheel, the paddles fitted really well - zero gaps at the back.

With the 997 there will be a gap (it's too tight) but the end result is still very good.

If you are struggling PM me and I will help you find the posts.

Interesting point about the fitting of the switches, no gaps on the 996 wheel, I have fitted them to my 996 wheel and i have gaps at the bact running along he length of the switch.
Have i done something wrong ?

steve1 said:
Interesting point about the fitting of the switches, no gaps on the 996 wheel, I have fitted them to my 996 wheel and i have gaps at the bact running along he length of the switch.
Have i done something wrong ?

Hi Steve - I saw a couple of images of them flush at the back - but you don't see the back anyhow....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back