Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jackal's 993 up for sale at JZM

Used as it should be, lots of dough spent on it to reflect the price. It's too raw for me but to the right buyer it will be a good one :thumb:

She's a beaut, how much does it weigh after being stripped out, I wonder?!

My perfect track day 993 right there. Buying it after tonight's euro millions win lol

Yup ...... Now that really is an end of an era ........ I always had the feeling that car was going to be for keeps .......

Probably the best replica out there, yes a bit too far for me. I followed his blog faithfully when making mine but kept to comfort spec. Must have been a tough decision to part with it.

Your Eurohoon photos and vids will never be the same without that stunning yellow work of art. Less heads will turn :(

JZM prices are very high

...a watershed moment for 993 ownership ...very influential car but surely some twinges of regret for Jackal after investing so much personal time and effort over the years ?

The memories will still be the there but the attachment to those memories will be gone, and I can't vouch for some of those great memories. A great drivers car and quite hardcore with it, it'll sell quickly but I would have thought £125k would have been a fairer price, yes a big price but some so called recreations don't even have the correct engine and they are similar prices.

wfarrell said:
...a watershed moment for 993 ownership ...very influential car but surely some twinges of regret for Jackal after investing so much personal time and effort over the years ?

He was/is a complete fruitcake/eccentric. I used to say he had 36 hour days when the rest of us had 24. I couldn't believe how much he achieved with his cars. Had a wife with kids as well.

A top man, because he lay under my 993 in the rain once, trying to sort a suspension problem.

Where is he now I wonder.

I wonder if JZM bought it outright, or it's on SOR?

If it's the latter - and you're reading this Rich, a very genuine GLWTS :thumb:

Kimbo said:
wfarrell said:

He was/is a complete fruitcake/eccentric. I used to say he had 36 hour days when the rest of us had 24. I couldn't believe how much he achieved with his cars. Had a wife with kids as well.

A top man, because he lay under my 993 in the rain once, trying to sort a suspension problem.

Where is he now I wonder.

Yes, full-on committed and emotively involved petrolhead. I like the 36 hour day analogy, he packs it all in, still does.
The F car is where it's at for Jackal for the immediate future.

Chris993C2 said:
I wonder if JZM bought it outright, or it's on SOR?

If it's the latter - and you're reading this Rich, a very genuine GLWTS :thumb:

They own very little of what they sell.
They sold a 4.0 RS recently for 500k (sor) and maintained only 10k margin at it, 10k is still 10k but not anywhere near enough poppy to back it up in the event of a warranty claim. Suppose they work a number's game.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back