Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Glove box light help

Stephenjk

Hi,

My glove box light doesnt come on automatically when i open the glove box. It does come on though if i flip the switch to permanently on. I have replaced the button/switch so i know the switch is okay and the lead behind it is fixed okay as i had to take off old one to install new button/switch. Any other ideas where to look next? I've looked at the handbook and the light is in the right position to come on. I've also replaced the bulb and had a look at the light itself which looks fine.

I also downloaded the 964 manual but bit i need seems to be missing in volume 6. Any thoughts?

Another question i have is was any of the dashboard supposed to be colour coded to the car? Mine is a guard red 964 and the inside of the glove box lid looks like it was once red then overpainted in black. It has been scratched and the red is showing through. Before i take a look at it would like to know what colour it is supposed to be!

Thanks
Stephen

The light unit will have x2 earth pins 1 for permanent on and one for switch on , both are next to each other with the far side being the feed .. if you put an earth to the switch pin then the light should work .. this will say its either the switch or the wire going to it thats faulty .

If it doesnt work then the light unit is faulty .

No idear on lid colours though .. also check your PM .

Thanks you were right it was the light contact, it isnt making contact properly when in the position to turn on when the glove box opens. I've tried to fix it but isnt very bendable so Im going to get a new light. also thanks for the pm.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back