Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pirelli engineer out to inspect my tyres next week.....

michelin

My car is a 2013 and still has the original rubber from when the car was made. The car runs Pirelli N0's and the tyres have cracking to the outer edges of the fronts and also to the middle sections of the rears.
I've obviously highlighted this to Pirelli hence the inspection next week. So far Pirelli's customer service has been excellent.
More soon!

Not sure they'll play ball if they find out your tag is "Michelin".

:grin:
I'm sure they will once he sees what is stored in our unit ;-)

michelin said:
:grin:
I'm sure they will once he sees what is stored in our unit ;-)

Sound interesting.....

Bond Lair?

Underground bunker?

Hollowed out volcano?

Just a fair few other prestigious marques. :)

Oh come on, you can't leave it like that!

Be interested in what the inspection says...

Inspection will be interesting. I'll keep this thread updated.

It's a known issue with the compound of the N0 tyre from that year.
I expect them to say they will replace them.

michelin said:
My car is a 2013 and still has the original rubber from when the car was made. The car runs Pirelli N0's and the tyres have cracking to the outer edges of the fronts and also to the middle sections of the rears.
I've obviously highlighted this to Pirelli hence the inspection next week. So far Pirelli's customer service has been excellent.
More soon!

Why even bother?
You have no way of proving the wear? So unless you are a big buyer with them in volume the answer will be your problem.....

I've bothered because their clearly is a problem.
It isn't wear that's needs proving it a possible defect in compound.
Other cars have suffered from it and clearly mine does.

I'm absolutely rubbish at trying to post pics on here, they never work.
I have a few on my phone which is no problem so what is the best way?
I just wish I could select a photo and post it!

michelin said:
My car is a 2013 and still has the original rubber from when the car was made.

Apologies for poking my nose in.

So the tyres could be five years old potentially, depending on when the car was registered and how long before that the tyres were manufactured? Porsche recommend changing tyres when they're six years old due to the ageing of the rubber so they're almost dead anyway, aren't they? :?

I'm surprised that Pirelli would even send someone out for tyres that old, so hats off to them for that. I could understand it would be an issue if they were only a couple of years old but surely it would be half-expected at this age.
:?:

Possibly yes and I hear all you say but apparently it's a known issue with a certain batch of tyres :dont know:
Proof on the pudding next week.
If they won't replace them then I certainly will as the cracking is awful.
Tyres are just 4 years old and my mileage is 18k.

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back