Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spare key

ianth

Hopefully someone may have a tip for me.
Just purchased a new to me Cayenne and have 2 keys supplied with the car.
The spare one had a flat battery as the led didn't light,so replaced the battery and now the led flashes,also used the shops meter to test its sending signals and it is.
But it does nothing on the car,won't unlock or lock or put ignition on?
Main key works fine.
On the nav screen it says only 1 key.
Do the keys have to be resynced to the car or is it more likely the spare key has never been coded to the car with it saying only 1 key synced.

If it's indeed in the manual then I apologise,but I have scanned it quite thoroughly and can't see how to get the car to recognise the second key?

Demort said:
Try putting it in the ignition , switch to position one then press and hold the unlock button for 5 seconds .. see if that works .

Tried that,no luck at all.

The chances are you will need a new key then im afraid , the new type key can only be coded by Porsche as well .. something called FASIT which is an online coding system to Porsche .

Only other thing i can think of is take out the battery in the fob and reverse fit it then swop back and try the sync again .. never tryed it in a Cayenne but have had some success with other models .

Tried that also.......gave Bolton Porsche a ring today and they will code it for half an hours labour which considering I was expecting it to cost a couple of hundred quid isn't to bad,so booked it in for Monday.

Let me know how it goes please .. ive never tryed codeing an old key only new ones so im interested if this could get it working , i cant code them at an indy atm but we are looking at getting Porsche pass through so it will be usefull for the future .

Also need some picts of that oil leak when you get the chance :)

Will certainly let you know,my local accessories shop cuts keys and codes them so out of curiosity we had a play with the 2 keys,the one that works and the one that doesn't both have the same chip inside,but that's as far as we could get,couldn't read the chip and consequently can't clone it.
With only just buying the car I am unsure it was supplied with the car originally or someone may have just put a spare key on the key ring to make it look like its original.
Will find out at Porsche and let you know.
Hopefully I will get a couple of photos tomorrow as I will be doing all the pads and a few other small jobs.
Thinking of doing a fluid and filter change on the gearbox,ordered the filter but reading conflicting info on fluid,do any of these sound right (assuming the oe numbers correct)
* Porsche 958 300 540 00
* VW G 055 540 A2
* Febi 29934
* Fuchs Titan 4400 ATF
* Ravenol J1D2122

Will certainly let you know,my local accessories shop cuts keys and codes them so out of curiosity we had a play with the 2 keys,the one that works and the one that doesn't both have the same chip inside,but that's as far as we could get,couldn't read the chip and consequently can't clone it.
With only just buying the car I am unsure it was supplied with the car originally or someone may have just put a spare key on the key ring to make it look like its original.
Will find out at Porsche and let you know.
Hopefully I will get a couple of photos tomorrow as I will be doing all the pads and a few other small jobs.
Thinking of doing a fluid and filter change on the gearbox,ordered the filter but reading conflicting info on fluid,do any of these sound right (assuming the oe numbers correct)
* Porsche 958 300 540 00
* VW G 055 540 A2
* Febi 29934
* Fuchs Titan 4400 ATF
* Ravenol J1D2122

Had it in to Porsche today and as suspected,it's not the right key for the vehicle,they was unable to recode it but can sell me a new spare key for £350!
Think I can manage with one key,certainly for now.
I suspect the previous owner just bought a key of eBay to sell the vehicle with 2 keys,have to give him the benefit of doubt though as it may well be the owner previous to him I suppose.
Anyhow,lesson learned.

I had good service in the part with guys called 'Express Auto Keys' as they are known on Facebook or try their website which is called www.keysinthepost.com
They were really good to deal with and provide recoding as well as replacement key blades.

Thanks for that,just had a quick look at there website but doesn't look like they do this style of key.as far as I am aware there's only Porsche you can get it from,but if anyone knows different :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back