Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear seats in a GT3

jotaking

Has anyone retro fitted seat belts and seats into their GT3?

I did see a black 997 GT3 for sale with dealer fit seat belts with no seats in rear?

I have also heard, to save weight Porsche remove the mountings for the rear seat belts and therefore retro fit isn't possible?

If you do this conversion check that your Insurance company is ok with it.
They may take a dim view of this modification.

Porsche News said:
can be done to 996.1, 996.2 and 997.1 only

but why would you

The only possible reason I can think of is so that you can carry people in the back. If you didn't want to do this it seems pointless.

MC

Personally I cannot imagine finding anyone wanting to sit in the back surrounded by a roll cage.

It's got to be a tight squeeze getting in there - midgets only ???

Pip :D :D :D

Pip1968 said:
Personally I cannot imagine finding anyone wanting to sit in the back surrounded by a roll cage.

There is actually a chunk of irony trying to peep through this. Firstly, yes : an alarming number of GT3s have been specified with non-bucket seats and cageless over the years and not only are a number of 996 and 997.1 cars are out there with factory parts retrofitted rear seats in them (some performed by OPCs), but at least one and believed to be more 996.2 GT3s actually left the factory (or more accurately the Special Wish department at Werk 1) as 4 seaters. Secondly (the irony bit) is of course that getting past buckets into the back is an act of contortion that would be a hazard if escaping an accident. However on the 997.2 the option of the folding bucket came in, but at the same time, they changed to a single skinned floor in the rear of that model so that it was no longer possible to install rear seats and take advantage of it... :coat:

The moral of the story : a GT3 shouldn't have rear seats, but there are still owners out there who remain resolutely in denial about it :hand:

Pip1968 said:

that's what I thought too :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back