Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sad day I know, but am I the first ????

Boba fett

Magny-Cours
So got up really early, had my final spin of 17, down to Brighton and back, so I got my kicks, it was great zero traffic so it was like a playground :thumb:

Then filled her up not quite to the top, clean, Polish, protection coat, ACF50'd, tyres up by 5 PSI, and C-TEC armed and ready, De-Mu and Heater locked and loaded.

I know its early, I have my reasons, but has anyone beat me, Oh and the Porsche indoor car cover fits in better with an Aero rear spoiler :thumb:

Goodnight....

Lol I'm just about to drive the boxster to its underground storage for the winter. Feels early but the next few weekends are tied up and then before you know it half term holidays away and winter. So same as you, good wash and polish this morning and visit to garage to over inflate the Tyres and fill the tank with the good stuff and I'll be taking my last spin of the year in it soon.

Still its always like driving a new car when you have not even seen it for 6 months next spring :thumb:

Guys what's the tips for storage over the winter? I'll be sorning for the first time at the end of October. I have my cover and ctek at the ready but what other tips cheers.

silvermilnec said:
Guys what's the tips for storage over the winter? I'll be sorning for the first time at the end of October. I have my cover and ctek at the ready but what other tips cheers.

Pump the tyres up by 5 psi or more to stop squared tyres.
ACF50 everything that don't get hot underneath and coat the inner arches.
Clean, polish and coat (I used Dodo Juice super natural hybrid)
Nearly fill the tank.
C'Tech
De-Mu if possible and are OCD
Heater (oil burner Rad) on low, just to take the edge off the damp days.

Can't think of anything else, in the years I've been doing it.

Car has always come out in spring looking like it went in !!

:thumb:

996ttalot said:
Never understood why anyone would lay up a car for winter unless you are leaving the country for warmer climates.

When you have others cars to use per chance :thumb:

You have a best special outfit you use to go out, no doubt, that favorite shirt and Jeans you leave for best, maybe your best Armani suit or your favorite Rolex watch that sits in its watch winder most of the year and comes out at special occasions.??

No different for me with cars.

996ttalot said:
Never understood why anyone would lay up a car for winter unless you are leaving the country for warmer climates.

....Oh and forgot to add..... post that remark on the 993 or older forums, and you will get linched 8) 8) 8) :judge:

Boba fett said:
996ttalot said:

....Oh and forgot to add..... post that remark on the 993 or older forums, and you will get linched 8) 8) 8) :judge:

my 993 has not left the garage all year :thumb: .....been having too much fun in the boxster 8) ...... but its now laid up for winter and the 4x4's take over :thumb:

another tip is don't be tempted to "fire it up now and again", it just creates moisture where you don't want it, and don't store it straight after a wash, take it for a good run first and let it cool down before putting the cover on. If you over inflate the tyre they will be fine, no need to move the car for 6 months. Oh and leave the handbrake off :bandit:

Did the similar to mine this morning Boba! A shame to see it under covers for the foreseeable few months!

Attachments

• img_3647_167.jpg
    img_3647_167.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6,466
Sid85 said:
Did the similar to mine this morning Boba! A shame to see it under covers for the foreseeable few months!

Looks like an Edgar Suit, but if its doing the job matey... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Wow, you guys are super early!
I don't lay up any of our cars over the winter but from mid December to early April the bikes go away.

What I do with the bikes, that I don't see mentioned, is I put some fuel stabiliser in with the last fill up of the tanks. I use stuff made by Brigs & Stratton the lawnmower people. It prevents the fuel going "off" in the tank.

Interestingly, I had the injectors replaced on the Benelli early this year and Bennets commented that the old injectors were as good as new which they felt was unusual for a lower mileage "garage queen" ,as often when they are laid up its the injectors that come off worst.
I had replaced them for for newer Denso injectors with a different spray pattern and pressure, but that's a whole different story.

Kimbo said:

silvermilnec said:
Guys what's the tips for storage over the winter?

Put it under one of my wraps and drive it.

Bloody nice, but not quite the same as a nice tucked up safe 911.

Last picture I took before hibernation...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back