Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which colour 911?

daz parker

I do like a good debate and what's best then to talk about which is the best 911 colour.

I love them in black but I don't think it shows off how wide it's bum is and also a pain to keep clean.

Silver does show off the shape more in my opinion but could it be classed as a safe / boring colour.

Grey now that's a nice blend of both and what I'll try to find.

daz parker said:
I do like a good debate and what's best then to talk about which is the best 911 colour.

I love them in black but I don't think it shows off how wide it's bum is and also a pain to keep clean.

Silver does show off the shape more in my opinion but could it be classed as a safe / boring colour.

I think you are only going to get a preference on the colour people have mate.

Might be worth finding out what colour they have, why, and what would be their second choice, if there first was a no go.

So for me, it has to be black, I'm old school this is coming from the the Gillet 930 Turbo from the Ads to Condorman.

I would have grey a second choice I think it really looks good on a 997 also.

It's a 911 :thumb: kind of like when you see a silver or a grey Ferrari. It should of been a Rossi red one simples.

Equating that to Porsche, with no logic whatsoever a modern 911 has to be red white or yellow. A classic 911 has to be a modern colour like silver or grey-Job done and a good job were all different.

Definitely blue - its the new black! - and Phil will be along shortly to back me up! :D

Attachments

• 911onmove_205.jpg
    911onmove_205.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 5,287
monster said:
Definitely blue - its the new black! - and Phil will be along shortly to back me up! :D

I'm glad so many like blue it stops them buying the white ones I'm after :floor:

spongebob squarepants said:
I'm glad so many like blue it stops them buying the white ones I'm after :floor:

Its a sportscar not a van! :p

monster said:
spongebob squarepants said:

Its a sportscar not a van! :p

+1 :D

Grey is super :wink:

Always loved Aqua though....

Blue looks great. I like the idea of black but so hard to keep clean. Silver or grey are very practical.

MC

Riviera blue... looks great on anything from Aircooled right through to those eco friendly 911's they make nowadays :judge:

daz parker said:

lighter colours show the lines and gaps and vents, darker colours close it in

I was open to most colours when I was buying, but it came down to silver or grey based on condition and cost having looked at many cars. I ended up buying the boring/safe retail silver one and I'm happy I did :D

That said, if there had been a 997 Turbo in the same colour of blue as Phil's then I would have struggled to not part with the cash immediately!

Mine is slate grey, after seeing it in the metal it was a deal breaker for me. The lighter grey one next to mine is the Seal grey.

Attachments

• img_0390_426.jpg
    img_0390_426.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 5,202
paul987 said:
Riviera blue... looks great on anything from Aircooled right through to those eco friendly 911's they make nowadays :judge:

+1...even works on cayennes and panameras

Also, racing livery, 917 in gulf racing colours...simply iconic!

Anything but white/silver/grey/black imo. A bit of colour never hurt anyone.
Sadly 90% of people go for those safe/boring options :roll:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back