Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 4S manual with only 47000 miles for sale

silvermilnec

Albert Park
I've just joined boxa net to possibly sell a Boxster when I came across this 997 4S for sale for £24k it's only got 47k on the clock and it's manual and basalt! Think I noticed sport seats and bose, good spec with chrono! Needs paint though but still sounds a good buy, need to be quick I would think.

To be clear I don't know the car or the seller so tread carefully and full ppi!!

http://www.boxa.net/forum/index.php?/topic/74625-2006-porsche-997-carrera-4s/

Cant get to the link, who is the seller?

On the face of it that's a surprisingly good price for a 4S with that spec - Sports Chrono, switchable exhaust, multi-function steering wheel, heated seats etc.
The service history would seem to indicate no servicing until 35k though from what I can see and it does look as if there is some bodywork and interior trim work needed.

Might be a cheap starting price, but needs quite a bit of paint/interior repairs and looks un-cared for. My car has 42K miles and looks like new inside and out.

If it's cheap, it's for a reason. PPI with bore score etc essential.

DJS911 said:
The service history would seem to indicate no servicing until 35k though.

I think you are mistaking the job number with the mileage at service - first service at 13K according to the flickr photos of the logbook.

The mileage is stated as 41.7K in the advert not 47K as stated by the original poster - so what's not to like.

...well apart from the 'scruffy' condition - so probably priced about right.

Sounds like cheap entry into the 997 world to me :dont know:

My man maths calculator is telling me that it's a good deal, some people won't have the cash upfront for the perfect car so this is a good way to buy a good base car, at a decent price, and then make it their own over time when more funds allow maybe :?

Good buy for someone.

:thumb:

My hesitation would be that if there are that many cosmetic problems, there might be similar mechanical problems...

andrews7889 said:
DJS911 said:

I think you are mistaking the job number with the mileage at service - first service at 13K according to the flickr photos of the logbook.

The mileage is stated as 41.7K in the advert not 47K as stated by the original poster - so what's not to like.

My mistake ref the mileage! It's got the right spec and it could be unloved but the fun COULD be putting the love in that's said it could be a load of trouble as well.

silvermilnec said:
andrews7889 said:
DJS911 said:

My mistake ref the mileage! It's got the right spec and it could be unloved but the fun COULD be putting the love in that's said it could be a load of trouble as well.

And my mistake ref the service mileage!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back