Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie just bought 1996 C2S

nickjonesn4

Sao Paulo
Hello All,

Been looking for a Vesuvius C2S for the last 3 years and finally found a bought what I hope is a good one. Read lots of threads on here which has been a big help and delighted to be in the club finally. First Porsche after quite a few other performance cars - AMGs, Golfs, M Cars - but now have a garage so life long ambition fulfilled.

Know that its the done thing to keep these stock these days but have always had uncontrollable upgraditis so will see if I can resist.

Spec as follows and one pic until I pick it up on 5th October. Is there a way to get full spec from Porsche? its possible with MB so worth asking.

VESUVIUS METALLIC CHESTNUT LEATHER INTERIOR 6 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION SPORTS SEATS WITH ELECTRIC HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT M033 LOWERED CHASSIS ELECTRIC SLIDING SUNROOF HEADLAMP WASHER AIR CONDITIONING HOLDER FOR CASSETTE AND COINS HEADLIGHT LEVELLING SYSTEM REAR WINDOW WIPER TOP TINTED WINDSCREEN LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT LINING IN VELOUR CARPET.

[/img]

Congratulations, buying from JZM you can be sure its spot on and it looks to be very original. Many have had the wheels changed over time but that looks original spec with the amber lights etc......

The special edition Vesuvius is my favorite 2S :thumb:

Re the upgrades I fall into the same camp but almost every "upgrade" is easily reversible, it is important you keep the original parts though :wink:

The first upgrades I would look at are not obvious anyway (if not already done) i.e. :

Suspension dampers and springs and geo
MPL slave clutch
RSR exhaust mod
Wayne Schofield remap

They transform the driving experience and just amplify what aircolled Porsche's are about IMHO.

The rest of the options are mainly cosmetic but with a Vesuvius I would personally not stray far from the iconic stock as they are what make the special edition "package"

Re the options you should be able to get JZM to send you a pic of the sticker under the bonnet which lists the option codes. You then have to know which are standard "options" on the Vesuvius and which where added to the factory order.
If you list the codes on here someone will advise (JZM should be able to tell you anyway).

Looking forward to seeing more pics when you collect it ;-)

Ps I presume it was not up for sale for long as a thread is usually started when one is spotted for sale ?

:dont know: :dont know: :dont know:

jonttt said:
Congratulations, buying from JZM you can be sure its spot on and it looks to be very original. Many have had the wheels changed over time but that looks original spec with the amber lights etc......

The special edition Vesuvius is my favorite 2S :thumb:

Re the upgrades I fall into the same camp but almost every "upgrade" is easily reversible, it is important you keep the original parts though :wink:

The first upgrades I would look at are not obvious anyway (if not already done) i.e. :

Suspension dampers and springs and geo
MPL slave clutch
RSR exhaust mod
Wayne Schofield remap

They transform the driving experience and just amplify what aircolled Porsche's are about IMHO.

The rest of the options are mainly cosmetic but with a Vesuvius I would personally not stray far from the iconic stock as they are what make the special edition "package"

Re the options you should be able to get JZM to send you a pic of the sticker under the bonnet which lists the option codes. You then have to know which are standard "options" on the Vesuvius and which where added to the factory order.
If you list the codes on here someone will advise (JZM should be able to tell you anyway).

Looking forward to seeing more pics when you collect it ;-)

Ps I presume it was not up for sale for long as a thread is usually started when one is spotted for sale ?

:dont know: :dont know: :dont know:

Hey - yes I got to it within a week of it going up.

Cheers for the tip on the options codes and also on the upgrades. My internet nerding has led me to similar conclusions! Have never changed cars cosmetically so will stick to that. Prefer the Q car effect and sort the suspension/chassis/exhaust. I LOVE the look of this car and the stance is just right IMO.

Having said that I am sorely tempted by a set of the Fuchs 18s with the black centres but would of course keep the Cup IIs for sale. Will see.

Is it worth joining Porscge Club GB and/or TIPEC??

Vesuvius looks great in the flesh. Nice car. My 2S was sweet but improved by new koni dampers at 70k and c4s engine mounts.
Noisier backboxes can be done diy and sound fab.

You won't lose money with the above mods but don't go crazy. People love dem 2S with tasteful mods :thumb:

Welcome to the S club.

Enjoy 8)

Stunning car, congrats!

I just joined PCGB as the joining fee was something like £70 but it immediately resulted in a £100 rebate on my Footman James classic car Insurance when I told them and also you can order a cert of authenticity from Porsche for free, which is £75 for non PCGB members. Bit of a no-brainer

badlands said:
Stunning car, congrats!

I just joined PCGB as the joining fee was something like £70 but it immediately resulted in a £100 rebate on my Footman James classic car Insurance when I told them and also you can order a cert of authenticity from Porsche for free, which is £75 for non PCGB members. Bit of a no-brainer

Excellent. Will get on that tomorrow. Cheers

That option code sticker will also be on the IFC/page 1 of the service book. Reference against these (or get JZM to tell you):

https://www.stuttcars.com/technical/option-codes/993-96-98/

Had Wayne live map mine this year - he found about 40bhp. Would also recommend Centre Gravity who did the geo on my car as it made the biggest difference. They also sent my dampers back to Bilstein to be refurbished.

Looks a great car. Like those wheels on it a lot. Wide body, air cooled, two wheel drive, NA, manual coupe 911. As good as it gets!
:thumbs:

tyinsky said:
That option code sticker will also be on the IFC/page 1 of the service book. Reference against these (or get JZM to tell you):

https://www.stuttcars.com/technical/option-codes/993-96-98/

Had Wayne live map mine this year - he found about 40bhp. Would also recommend Centre Gravity who did the geo on my car as it made the biggest difference. They also sent my dampers back to Bilstein to be refurbished.

Looks a great car. Like those wheels on it a lot. Wide body, air cooled, two wheel drive, NA, manual coupe 911. As good as it gets!
:thumbs:

Thanks. Yes Centre Gravity are top of my list once I've put a few miles on her. Got a nice 400 mile drive home from JZM to find out what needs sorting!

Welcome, lovely car :thumb:

Is the CSL they have up your old car?

Zingers - all these new owners are ruining your theory a bit, aren't they :dont know:

Very nice and welcome :thumb: Love the colour combo, same as the S launch brochure? Congratulations and enjoy the 400 mile journey home :D 8)

One other thing don't take any notice of the oil level guage when on the move as it will look as if empty...made me panic somewhat on the journey home after picking up my first 993. :oops:

mohitos said:
Welcome, lovely car :thumb:

Is the CSL they have up your old car?

Zingers - all these new owners are ruining your theory a bit, aren't they :dont know:

No it's not - wouldn't let that go!

Hung onto my favourite old AMG which is a 55k estate with a "few" subtle mods (600+ bhp etc). Still the most fun way of getting 4 people and a lot of luggage across Europe.

Can't wait for Porsche ownership. Mercs not so clever around corners.

NottsRS said:
Very nice and welcome :thumb: Love the colour combo, same as the S launch brochure? Congratulations and enjoy the 400 mile journey home :D 8)

One other thing don't take any notice of the oil level guage when on the move as it will look as if empty...made me panic somewhat on the journey home after picking up my first 993. :oops:

I think it is the same. Thanks for the oil level tip!

Welcome to the forum - I like the Vesuvius a lot 8)

Enjoy the drive home :driving:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back