Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 15
997 : 2004- 76
996 : 1997-2005 30
993 : 1993-1998 4
964 : 1989-1993 3
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 2
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 1
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 3
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 16
Cayman : 2005- 18
Cayenne : 2003- 5
Macan : 2014- 4
Panamera : 2009- 1
912-914-924-928-944-968 2
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
LaSource
Nürburgring


Joined: 08 Feb 2009
Posts: 462



PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: A first trip to Zandvoort! Reply with quote

Went to Zandvoort for the first time last week.
A very cool circuit! Really liked it. A good mixture of elevations, cambers, high speed, low speed, rhythmic flowing corners. A bit of every circuit in there - ring, spa, silly, etc.

Anyone else here been there? What did you think of it?

Clip of a lap below


Open Youtube Page

_________________
997 GT3 RS 3.8 Grey/Red
996 GT3 Mk2 Clubsport Guards Red
KTM XBOW RR Superlight Spec
BMW E39 M5, BMW E46 M3
Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE

Previous:
981 GT4 3.8 Clubsport
2x 997 GT3 RS 4.0 White and White
2x 997 GT3 RS 3.8 RHD and LHD
2x 996 GT3 RS Blue and Red
2x 996 GT3 Mk2 Clubsport and Comfort
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
ELA
Barcelona


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 1284
Location: Nurburgring Doorstep


PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lap mate Wink
Not been but hear great things about the circuit.
Just noticed you need to update your signature (to add your lovely 996GRGT3) Thumb
_________________
CLR996 1086kg bespoke design
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
   
Senoj
Zolder


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 5178
Location: Sussex


PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a few times. Love it. We used to do a great double header with Spa. Noise nazi's can be spoilsports.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Disco
Estoril


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 3919
Location: Hertfordshire

2010 Porsche 997 GT3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a fan of the noise regs or the rather convoluted drive in to get there, but it is a great track. Stock 997.2 GT3 PASM gets a bit confused there so you have to drive around that, and you always get the impression that the Cat jockeys are having even more fun than you are, but I loved the circuit when I partook and would recommend to anyone.
_________________
Colin

Black 997 GT3 3.8 CS - Acquired for the 2012 season and beyond
Black 996 GT3 Mk2 - Gone, but will never be forgotten
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
LaSource
Nürburgring


Joined: 08 Feb 2009
Posts: 462



PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had no noise issues. Day 1 was a wet LOT day. A friend was in a 997 Cup car and he was fine too. Day 2 was a private day in the dry. Lots of noisy machinery including 991RSs, GT4s, Viper ACR, yet no one had noise issues. Maybe we had some sort of noisy day?

As for travel I went via overnight ferry from Harwich to Rotterdam. It means door to door travel distance is 150 miles from Surrey to ZV. Left home at 8pm, and was on circuit before 10am the next day. Plus a 6 hour sleep in the middle.
_________________
997 GT3 RS 3.8 Grey/Red
996 GT3 Mk2 Clubsport Guards Red
KTM XBOW RR Superlight Spec
BMW E39 M5, BMW E46 M3
Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE

Previous:
981 GT4 3.8 Clubsport
2x 997 GT3 RS 4.0 White and White
2x 997 GT3 RS 3.8 RHD and LHD
2x 996 GT3 RS Blue and Red
2x 996 GT3 Mk2 Clubsport and Comfort
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
NXI20
Paul Ricard


Joined: 02 Feb 2008
Posts: 3360
Location: South Bucks

2004 Porsche 996 GT3 Mk2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senoj wrote:
Been a few times. Love it. We used to do a great double header with Spa. Noise nazi's can be spoilsports.


But mainly only when you're in the car (even as a passenger!) Floor
_________________
Nick

2004 GT3 CS in Atlas Grey with too many mods to list!
1995 993 GT2 recreation in Polar Silver
2010 GT3 CS in Riviera Blue Smile
1978 Carrera SC Barn Find in Red (restoration project)
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
LaSource
Nürburgring


Joined: 08 Feb 2009
Posts: 462



PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NXI20 wrote:
Senoj wrote:
Been a few times. Love it. We used to do a great double header with Spa. Noise nazi's can be spoilsports.


But mainly only when you're in the car (even as a passenger!) Floor


Hmm. Too much screaming?
Wink
_________________
997 GT3 RS 3.8 Grey/Red
996 GT3 Mk2 Clubsport Guards Red
KTM XBOW RR Superlight Spec
BMW E39 M5, BMW E46 M3
Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE

Previous:
981 GT4 3.8 Clubsport
2x 997 GT3 RS 4.0 White and White
2x 997 GT3 RS 3.8 RHD and LHD
2x 996 GT3 RS Blue and Red
2x 996 GT3 Mk2 Clubsport and Comfort
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
NXI20
Paul Ricard


Joined: 02 Feb 2008
Posts: 3360
Location: South Bucks

2004 Porsche 996 GT3 Mk2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, nothing so obvious. I remember a day when every car Senoj went in (4 iirc) got black-flagged for noise, including mine. I've never been black-flagged at Zandvoort before or since.

Moral of the story: don't go out with Senoj at Zandvoort wack
_________________
Nick

2004 GT3 CS in Atlas Grey with too many mods to list!
1995 993 GT2 recreation in Polar Silver
2010 GT3 CS in Riviera Blue Smile
1978 Carrera SC Barn Find in Red (restoration project)
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Senoj
Zolder


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 5178
Location: Sussex


PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NXI20 wrote:
No, nothing so obvious. I remember a day when every car Senoj went in (4 iirc) got black-flagged for noise, including mine. I've never been black-flagged at Zandvoort before or since.

Moral of the story: don't go out with Senoj at Zandvoort wack



That was just bad luck..
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
LaSource
Nürburgring


Joined: 08 Feb 2009
Posts: 462



PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senoj wrote:
NXI20 wrote:
No, nothing so obvious. I remember a day when every car Senoj went in (4 iirc) got black-flagged for noise, including mine. I've never been black-flagged at Zandvoort before or since.

Moral of the story: don't go out with Senoj at Zandvoort wack



That was just bad luck..


That's just too much bad luck...

Defo a screamer Smile
_________________
997 GT3 RS 3.8 Grey/Red
996 GT3 Mk2 Clubsport Guards Red
KTM XBOW RR Superlight Spec
BMW E39 M5, BMW E46 M3
Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE

Previous:
981 GT4 3.8 Clubsport
2x 997 GT3 RS 4.0 White and White
2x 997 GT3 RS 3.8 RHD and LHD
2x 996 GT3 RS Blue and Red
2x 996 GT3 Mk2 Clubsport and Comfort
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nick w
Zolder


Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 5173
Location: Kent

2010 Porsche 997 GT3 RS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senoj wrote:
NXI20 wrote:
No, nothing so obvious. I remember a day when every car Senoj went in (4 iirc) got black-flagged for noise, including mine. I've never been black-flagged at Zandvoort before or since.

Moral of the story: don't go out with Senoj at Zandvoort wack



That was just bad luck..


Whadya mean ?...bad luck ?....load of old cobblers !. You just forgot /
deliberately avoided the advice of 'don't blat down the main straight at
full pelt, just lift or short shift, otherwise it'll trigger the noise nazi detector'

Rolling Eyes
_________________
981 Cayman GT4 Club Sport
991 GT3 RS 2016
997 GT3 RS gen 2 2010
997 GT3 gen 2 2010
997 carrera 4s cab, power kit
993 carrera 4 cab
964 carrera 4 cab
911 carrera
911 sc sport
911 sc sport targa
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
NXI20
Paul Ricard


Joined: 02 Feb 2008
Posts: 3360
Location: South Bucks

2004 Porsche 996 GT3 Mk2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesn't explain how Senoj manages to trip the noise meter while sitting in the passenger seat. Must be a gypsy curse or something Floor
_________________
Nick

2004 GT3 CS in Atlas Grey with too many mods to list!
1995 993 GT2 recreation in Polar Silver
2010 GT3 CS in Riviera Blue Smile
1978 Carrera SC Barn Find in Red (restoration project)
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nick w
Zolder


Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 5173
Location: Kent

2010 Porsche 997 GT3 RS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NXI20 wrote:
That doesn't explain how Senoj manages to trip the noise meter while sitting in the passenger seat. Must be a gypsy curse or something Floor


Kind of spooky really....makes you think that someone is sticking pins in a
Jonesy voodoo doll when he's having a pax lap. Laughing
_________________
981 Cayman GT4 Club Sport
991 GT3 RS 2016
997 GT3 RS gen 2 2010
997 GT3 gen 2 2010
997 carrera 4s cab, power kit
993 carrera 4 cab
964 carrera 4 cab
911 carrera
911 sc sport
911 sc sport targa
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Roro
Long Beach


Joined: 01 Oct 2010
Posts: 6286



PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zandvoort is great! Only did it once, ferry via Harwich too. It was a lot more interesting than I thought it would be, I remember thinking it would be quite boring from watching the YouTube vids before I went, but the camber changes and elevations made for a very fun track. No problems with noise for me, and yes I did actually get above 6k rpm a few times Grin
_________________
2007 997.1 GT3
2017 F87 M2
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nick w
Zolder


Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 5173
Location: Kent

2010 Porsche 997 GT3 RS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roro wrote:
Zandvoort is great! Only did it once, ferry via Harwich too. It was a lot more interesting than I thought it would be, I remember thinking it would be quite boring from watching the YouTube vids before I went, but the camber changes and elevations made for a very fun track. No problems with noise for me, and yes I did actually get above 6k rpm a few times Grin


Yeah, that was imho a good effort.....did you eventually find the other gears ?.



Lol....sorry, having a crap morning😔
_________________
981 Cayman GT4 Club Sport
991 GT3 RS 2016
997 GT3 RS gen 2 2010
997 GT3 gen 2 2010
997 carrera 4s cab, power kit
993 carrera 4 cab
964 carrera 4 cab
911 carrera
911 sc sport
911 sc sport targa
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Roro
Long Beach


Joined: 01 Oct 2010
Posts: 6286



PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick w wrote:
Roro wrote:
Zandvoort is great! Only did it once, ferry via Harwich too. It was a lot more interesting than I thought it would be, I remember thinking it would be quite boring from watching the YouTube vids before I went, but the camber changes and elevations made for a very fun track. No problems with noise for me, and yes I did actually get above 6k rpm a few times Grin


Yeah, that was imho a good effort.....did you eventually find the other gears ?.



Lol....sorry, having a crap morning😔


I did - but I went BACKWARDS?? Question

(Are you supposed to only use the forward gears on track? Wink )
_________________
2007 997.1 GT3
2017 F87 M2
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nick w
Zolder


Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 5173
Location: Kent

2010 Porsche 997 GT3 RS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roro wrote:
nick w wrote:
Roro wrote:
Zandvoort is great! Only did it once, ferry via Harwich too. It was a lot more interesting than I thought it would be, I remember thinking it would be quite boring from watching the YouTube vids before I went, but the camber changes and elevations made for a very fun track. No problems with noise for me, and yes I did actually get above 6k rpm a few times Grin


Yeah, that was imho a good effort.....did you eventually find the other gears ?.



Lol....sorry, having a crap morning😔


I did - but I went BACKWARDS?? Question

(Are you supposed to only use the forward gears on track? Wink )


Well I'm reliably informed that anything Italian goes backwards, so reverse
would clearly be the gear of choice for those cars. German cars only go one
way.....and that's 'fast forward'...so kind of makes sense to use anything
labelled 1st, 2nd etc.
_________________
981 Cayman GT4 Club Sport
991 GT3 RS 2016
997 GT3 RS gen 2 2010
997 GT3 gen 2 2010
997 carrera 4s cab, power kit
993 carrera 4 cab
964 carrera 4 cab
911 carrera
911 sc sport
911 sc sport targa
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Roro
Long Beach


Joined: 01 Oct 2010
Posts: 6286



PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick w wrote:
Roro wrote:
nick w wrote:
Roro wrote:
Zandvoort is great! Only did it once, ferry via Harwich too. It was a lot more interesting than I thought it would be, I remember thinking it would be quite boring from watching the YouTube vids before I went, but the camber changes and elevations made for a very fun track. No problems with noise for me, and yes I did actually get above 6k rpm a few times Grin


Yeah, that was imho a good effort.....did you eventually find the other gears ?.



Lol....sorry, having a crap morning😔


I did - but I went BACKWARDS?? Question

(Are you supposed to only use the forward gears on track? Wink )


Well I'm reliably informed that anything Italian goes backwards, so reverse
would clearly be the gear of choice for those cars. German cars only go one
way.....and that's 'fast forward'...so kind of makes sense to use anything
labelled 1st, 2nd etc.


A endless source of wisdom as ever ... thanks for the advice Smile
_________________
2007 997.1 GT3
2017 F87 M2
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nick w
Zolder


Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 5173
Location: Kent

2010 Porsche 997 GT3 RS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roro wrote:
nick w wrote:
Roro wrote:
nick w wrote:
Roro wrote:
Zandvoort is great! Only did it once, ferry via Harwich too. It was a lot more interesting than I thought it would be, I remember thinking it would be quite boring from watching the YouTube vids before I went, but the camber changes and elevations made for a very fun track. No problems with noise for me, and yes I did actually get above 6k rpm a few times Grin


Yeah, that was imho a good effort.....did you eventually find the other gears ?.



Lol....sorry, having a crap morning😔


I did - but I went BACKWARDS?? Question

(Are you supposed to only use the forward gears on track? Wink )


Well I'm reliably informed that anything Italian goes backwards, so reverse
would clearly be the gear of choice for those cars. German cars only go one
way.....and that's 'fast forward'...so kind of makes sense to use anything
labelled 1st, 2nd etc.


A endless source of wisdom as ever ... thanks for the advice Smile


No worries matey, always happy to give you a 'top tip'. Btw, it's high time you
joined us on one of our European adventures !
_________________
981 Cayman GT4 Club Sport
991 GT3 RS 2016
997 GT3 RS gen 2 2010
997 GT3 gen 2 2010
997 carrera 4s cab, power kit
993 carrera 4 cab
964 carrera 4 cab
911 carrera
911 sc sport
911 sc sport targa
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Roro
Long Beach


Joined: 01 Oct 2010
Posts: 6286



PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick w wrote:
Roro wrote:
nick w wrote:
Roro wrote:
nick w wrote:
Roro wrote:
Zandvoort is great! Only did it once, ferry via Harwich too. It was a lot more interesting than I thought it would be, I remember thinking it would be quite boring from watching the YouTube vids before I went, but the camber changes and elevations made for a very fun track. No problems with noise for me, and yes I did actually get above 6k rpm a few times Grin


Yeah, that was imho a good effort.....did you eventually find the other gears ?.



Lol....sorry, having a crap morning😔


I did - but I went BACKWARDS?? Question

(Are you supposed to only use the forward gears on track? Wink )


Well I'm reliably informed that anything Italian goes backwards, so reverse
would clearly be the gear of choice for those cars. German cars only go one
way.....and that's 'fast forward'...so kind of makes sense to use anything
labelled 1st, 2nd etc.


A endless source of wisdom as ever ... thanks for the advice Smile


No worries matey, always happy to give you a 'top tip'. Btw, it's high time you
joined us on one of our European adventures !


I know! I'm missing it. House extension should be done by November, then bank balance should hopefully have recovered enough for a few trackdays next year Thumb
_________________
2007 997.1 GT3
2017 F87 M2
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum