Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Black Led Headlights

Edreamsz

Has anybody here bought the Black 997 led and xenon aftermarket headlights? If so, are you happy with them and please post a picture :)?

I am planning to buy a set, but I would like to know how the quality is.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Hubert

I have a set of grey headlights for sale, 800.-Euro, but i think there is a difference between LHD and RHD is it ?

wing said:
I have a set of grey headlights for sale, 800.-Euro, but i think there is a difference between LHD and RHD is it ?

I am actually looking for a Black set of headlights. What is your experience with these headlights?

Edreamsz said:
wing said:

I am actually looking for a Black set of headlights. What is your experience with these headlights?

Straight into a corn field after dark I would imagine :)

Sod that, after reading the whole thread, I wouldn't touch them, if I im desperate to have black lights I'd take mine apart and spray black inside but there won't be any angel lights or ring ....

J

I assume you mean the ones that have the 4star and halo effect drls like the 991 I am unsure of the quality and have looked at them numerous times. The 997 lights are supposed to be a sealed item but I have seen them dismantled and bits added painted lenses cleaned etc. There is a company in Essex I think that where they are that can add a small halo drl inside the stock lights they might be the best guys to ask it they can paint the inside black :thumb:

Edreamsz said:
Has anybody here bought the Black 997 led and xenon aftermarket headlights? If so, are you happy with them and please post a picture :)?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Hubert

Your car, your choice. If you want them and like them then go for it. Just be aware that the reality is non OEM kit is known for variable quality - that's usually where your saving comes from. Buyer beware and all that.

But go for it if you like them. And ignore the comments from those who like to opine but do so with limited self awareness.

And wit.

Check out Cobra and his car on here as it's a lovely piece of work he has done. Worth sending him a PM too :thumbs:

New997buyer said:
Edreamsz said:

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Hubert

Your car, your choice. If you want them and like them then go for it. Just be aware that the reality is non OEM kit is known for variable quality - that's usually where your saving comes from. Buyer beware and all that.

But go for it if you like them. And ignore the comments from those who like to opine but do so with limited self awareness.

And wit.

Check out Cobra and his car on here as it's a lovely piece of work he has done. Worth sending him a PM too :thumbs:

Thanks for your reply. The quality of the performance is from what I have seen and read the same as the original. But the build quality is the thing I am worried about.

I just want them as an extra set for the car. But maybe buying an extra used oem set and painting them black is also a great option.

No one in their right mind would be driving a Peugeot-like-Porsche 991 Turbo right? :bandit:

Edreamsz said:
New997buyer said:
Edreamsz said:

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Hubert

And wit.

Thanks for your reply. The quality of the performance is from what I have seen and read the same as the original. But the build quality is the thing I am worried about.

I just want them as an extra set for the car. But maybe buying an extra used oem set and painting them black is also a great option.

No one in their right mind would be driving a Peugeot-like-Porsche 991 Turbo right? :bandit:

Sensitive bunch today!!

Nothing wrong with black headlights I was referring to the quality! They look shocking.

I'd be interested to see more on this or alternatives. I've read the US post previously which has put me off those particular lights.

Each to their own on whether this is a good thing or not. I'd like it as I have black wheels, badges and lower rear apron so black lights would only add to this. If we were all the same it would be a boring old world!

Boba fett said:
Edreamsz said:
New997buyer said:
Edreamsz said:

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Hubert

And wit.

Sensitive bunch today!!

Nothing wrong with black headlights I was referring to the quality! They look shocking.

It was just a bit of Dutch Sarcasm :D

I just decided to purchase an extra set of OEM Headlights. These are going to be popped open, painted matt black inside (only chrome part will be the ring around the projector lens) reassembled and get a gloss black vinyl trim around the outside ring.

The aftermarket headlights have a lot of problems. I got the chance to check 2 sets and they both had flaws. The biggest is a production flaw on the headlight lens itself (a little air bubble right in the center of the lens) 3 of the headlights had this.

Keep us updated on this with photos!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back