Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Michelin ps4s

Casper1331

Has anyone fitted the new Michelin ps4s to a 997.1 c2s
I know they're not N rated but I can't help thinking they would be a good chunk better than the ps2 N2 ?

Recently fitted a set on mine. Hugely impressed! It's a yes from me :thumbs:

My car is a 2004 997.1 c2s that has covered nearly 100k
It's not under any sort of warranty
Insurance are ok with tyres not being N rated
But is an old design / technology tyre that is specifically tuned to that car (ie N rated) gonna still be better overall than a latest tech tyre that has not been developed and fine tuned on that particular car???
Michelin can't or won't say
Anyone else tried em compared to ps2 ?

I had N rated PS2's and now have PS4s fitted... a massive improvement, do it, you won't be disappointed.

AdeD said:
I had N rated PS2's and now have PS4s fitted... a massive improvement, do it, you won't be disappointed.

Used the PS4 on a recent road trip, imo much better than a PS2 in all weathers

Brilliant tyres and they are using the latest tech from Michelin building on all their racing knowledge for tyres in all conditions.

The ps2 is really old tech now and over 15 years old.

The super sport came out and proceeded the ps2. Now the ps4s proceeds the super sport.

Ps4s fitted
Done approx 100 miles
First impressions
Defo more grip
But no where near as smooth a ride
The trade off I guess ?

Casper1331 said:
Ps4s fitted
Done approx 100 miles
First impressions
Defo more grip
But no where near as smooth a ride
The trade off I guess ?

What do you mean not as smooth? Are your pressures right?

Yeah somethings not right, if anything they're more forgiving on poor surfaces...

Agree with above. I find them quite compliant whilst in bimble mode. I can't really fault them.

I fitted a set on my turbo a few months back and I was staggered at how good they are, made the car handle like its on rails. I do 450 miles a week in mine and now the weather has turned to rain most of the time, I still find the grip is pretty amazing.

Does the PS4 have a nice chunky rim protector like the originally fitted Bridgestone Potenza? I seem to remember that Cup2's don't seem to have any and I do like a rim protector as a design feature!

My Bridgestone are beginning to crack between the treads (outer) on the rears so I will be investing in the spring. Loads of tread left but better safe than sorry.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back