Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Widebody - Thoughts?

pekingprawn

I've been thinking about going for something a bit different this time and came across the 964 below, can I ask you all for your thoughts?

porsche-911-3-6-carrera-4-2d-250-bhp-196025102-3.jpg

Full ad here -

Worth the cash? http://www.eclipsecarsales.co.uk/used-porsche-911--southampton-hampshire-1061261

Smaller wing and interior change and I personally really like it.

Looks a lovely car but I'd take the claimed mileage figure with a mound of salt

No likey, sorry :nooo: Could be all manor of gremlins hiding underneath

It will need loads of things doing and will cost a bit, but get it right and sorted that's a lovely car.

Personally I wish mine was a left-hooker.

:thumb:

PeterS said:
It will need loads of things doing and will cost a bit, but get it right and sorted that's a lovely car.

Can I ask why you'd prefer the lefty?

Go in with your eyes open with a good inspection and haggle hard, that could be a good car but as others have said accept it will need some money spending on it.

Shame its been re-painted from guards red. The bright colour would have better suited the modifications to the body IMO :)

Chris

That's got money pit written all over it and the sum of the parts might add up to the asking price but all that 'extra' has devalued it :nooo:

True wide body 964s are special :hand: £75k will get you into a Silver one :grin:

I like it.

As others have said you'd want to get a good inspection done on it and go from there. Hard to say what its true worth is, regular C4s are in the £30s so i guess if it were in extremely good nick that could be a fairish price.

Goodluck.

FZP said:
PeterS said:

Can I ask why you'd prefer the lefty?

LHD is the way the car was designed. Having to accommodate RHD footpedals without altering the tub and oil cooler means the offset it a bit much and footspace tight.

I drive my 964 abroad more than I do in th UK.

As I have 5 cars it wouldnt do any harm to have a LHD one.

Thanks for the honest replies.

How do we know it was originally red? Not sure how I feel on a classic Porsche being resprayed. Something like that would put future buyers off and I am in the habit of shifting cars on a bit more regularly than most, even if I do intend to keep something like this.

Open mind and inspection is a given. I don't mind spending a bit getting it up to scratch either as I think these are never finished, as far as improvement and tinkering goes. Hopefully an inspection reveals short to mid-term work to freshen it up rather than anything serious that can't be rectified by a bit of time and attention from owner and wallet.

Left hooker worth less than an equal RHD example? Doesn't bother me too much from a driving perspective although I would probably prefer a righty.

Any good ways to establish true mileage if it is ropey?

Lastly, smaller wing was my first thought, any good pics / suggestions to show me some examples and I can see what I'm looking at? I do quite like the ducktail.

New to classic Porsche's but have owned two 997's and a 991 GTS if that gives context

Thanks folks, sorry for 20 questions

Seat looks as saggy as an octogenerian's ball sac that belies what it says on the speedo

Isn't the inside of the engine bay still Guards red?

I doubt you'll get a decent C4 for £30k, I'd start at £40k.

'89 is an early car and 964 was introduced as a C4 first with C2 to follow and I've never seen an F Reg C2 but being LHD it could be it was released in this guise first? It doesn't sound lik eit's had any engine upgrade so I question why go to all that effort?

I'd only have a car like that if I oversaw the work myself or had photo evidence of the build, a good look over with a Colini stick followed up by a PPI.

Personally I wouldn't buy it. LHD is a better drive and these cars are OK to drive in RHD traffic.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back