Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

If "SORNing" are you planning any winter projects

Boba fett

Magny-Cours
Just wondering if those that SORN their cars through the winter, have you got any little projects in mind.

Last year I did my center console in Piano black and replaced my door card spears.

So what are thinking about doing.... :thumbs:

Possibly red seat belts but not convinced. I do love to tinker!

Did you ever get the c-tek connection sorted??

How many people do this?

Bought my turbo this summer, but like my C2 before it, it'll run through the winter. I have a good size drive but no garage so it wouldn't have a decent place to sit out winter anyway

silvermilnec said:
Possibly red seat belts but not convinced. I do love to tinker!

Did you ever get the c-tek connection sorted??

Hey mate, I binned it (its now in one of the M3's as its a mare to get to the battery terminals) after you posted the picture of the battery cover on and the little plug by the side I thought :pc: So thanks !!

I to am thinking about Red belts, but I am on the fence...and if thats the case I usually don't do it these days, as historically I have tried everything, then thought :eh!:

I might get the bonnet painted, it has 2 stone chips that really grate on me, and really tempted to do the 1.5 PCM upgrade, but then again I don't use any of it except the air-con and my homemade drivers CD.

Ishay said:
How many people do this?

Bought my turbo this summer, but like my C2 before it, it'll run through the winter. I have a good size drive but no garage so it wouldn't have a decent place to sit out winter anyway

I do, got other cars to get all salty and stone chipped :thumb:

I'm not bothering to SORN this year. I'm keeping all documentation 'live' and the beast can be scrambled if needs be.
Like a lot of chaps on here, I like to keep my P&J clean. It definitely won't be going out in any salty wet winter crud, that's a dead cert. But you do get the odd beautiful crisp sunny winter day so I'm keeping mine on action stations in case a showing off opportunity presents itself.
And what will you save by SORNing? 200 notes? The Insurance and MOT stay live all year so I'll just keep the tax running too.

I was hoping this would not turn into the usual do you SORN or garage queen thread, theirs loads of them.

I just wanted to know if you do SORN, have you got any plans or projects :thumb:

Boba fett said:
I was hoping this would not turn into the usual do you SORN or garage queen thread, theirs loads of them.

I just wanted to know if you do SORN, have you got any plans or projects :thumb:

Blimey, time of the month?

Ok then, no and yes. Plan to detail the underside and maybe renew the alternator. Alternator is ok but the outer case is oxidizing and it's fekkin with my OCD.

Norfolk & Idea said:
Boba fett said:

Blimey, time of the month?

Ok then, no and yes. Plan to detail the underside and maybe renew the alternator. Alternator is ok but the outer case is oxidizing and it's fekkin with my OCD.

It is actually, and where has the good weather gone. I was trying to be PC there matey :thumb:

Mine will be SORN'd end of October, I've only done ~800 miles this year though!

Whilst it's laid up I plan to renew the direction indicator fluid, change the air in the tyres to fresh stuff and replace the electricity in the wires for the more modern type.

:D

Grrrr..... these cars are made for driving and blah blah blahhh..... :lol:

Norfolk & Idea said:
Grrrr..... these cars are made for driving and blah blah blahhh..... :lol:

You are right, but you can have just as much fun in a highly tuned EVO, or yellow M3's or even an RRS. My 997 is King, and I know its wrong to not use it, but its an exceptional example because it is pampered and treated like a king. I know I'm sad.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Edit: Maybe not the RRS for fun :grin:

I'm in the same camp of sadness..... :sad:

Don't feel sad when I open the garage though!! Woooo hhooo.... :thumbs:

I was referring to a certain section on here that seem to become irritated if you don't cover your car in shoite and thump 25k miles per year on. Strange. Who cares? Get the polish out!

Norfolk & Idea said:
I'm in the same camp of sadness..... :sad:

Don't feel sad when I open the garage though!! Woooo hhooo.... :thumbs:

I was referring to a certain section on here that seem to become irritated if you don't cover your car in shoite and thump 25k miles per year on. Strange. Who cares? Get the polish out!

Open sesame... :thumb:

Sometimes its just nice going in with a Run and Coke :thumb:

:) :) :)

Hey look it wasn't a criticism, people should do what they like. I won't drive mine much, I have a 330ci too which does the 25k/year. If I had a garage I probably would.

I have a major service planned for next month. It's not got a bad FSH but nothing a big service with plugs, brake fluid, etc, won't make even better.

The big mod will be the PCM swap out. Might be a xmas present to myself

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back